Topic: Wade in Eggheads

Wade has always been one of the most beloved characters. It is difficult not to like her. Her banter with Arturo added some great moments to the show. She was strong, dynamic and a loving person.
That being said, I must admit that I did not care for her in one of my favorite episodes: EGGHEADS

We all love that episode and I think Earth Prime gave it four stars. It is a good episode however, I wonder about her attitude toward Rembrandt in this particular episode. In all other episodes her bond with Rembrandt is touching and tender but in this one episode she is downright nasty to Crying Man.

She had some heated exchanges with Arturo in THE WEAKER SEX and GILLIAN OF THE SPIRITS as well as DEAD MAN SLIDING but none of it left a horrible taste in my mouth like the scenes in EGGHEADS. Check this out:
1. Rembrandt asks why is Quinn so broke and Wade says, " Not him his double. Why do you have to ask such stupid questions?"
2. After learning that Rembrandt betted on the game and lost she says, " You bet on a game you do not understand? You're an idiot."   I draw the line at name calling.

Maybe its just me or did anyone else notice this but she seemed just down right nasty and insulting to Rembrandt.  This is the only episode where we see this bad side of Wade and I for one do not care for it.

Re: Wade in Eggheads

It's interesting that you single out "Eggheads" as Wade at her meanest, considering how snarky and shrill she got during her self-imposed "makeover" during season two. The lines you cite are, to me, some of the funniest in the series (Rembrandt is an idiot to bet on a game he knows nothing about), and Wade is far more caustic in episodes like "Time Again and World."

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Someone needs to put "you bet on a game you don't understand?  you're an idiot!" on youtube.  I love that scene so much.

4 (edited by intangirble 2015-10-29 00:52:40)

It's strange - for all people say Wade is shrill (not a word I like for describing women really, it's a bit sexist) in S2, I don't see it.

But I agree about Eggheads. I finally watched that one again recently - was saving the best for last - and wow. She was really out of character there. Not as great of an episode as I remember all around, to be honest. (Even if the Library Rap will never not be awesome.)