Topic: The King is Back script goes for $402.11 on Ebay!

Wow!

Somebody wanted the "The King is Back" shooting script pretty damn bad! Paid over $400 for it!

Re: The King is Back script goes for $402.11 on Ebay!

Congratulations! I wonder what single item I'd be willing to spend $402.11 on.

Auto body repair work.

I've known people to pay more than that! Just shocked that the interest still remains, when I can't get people on this board (a Sliders community) to respond to a script trade!

I'm not really the archaeologist sort. I don't concern myself with collectibles. I have no desire for Tracy Torme or Jerry O'Connell to autograph any possessions, I don't want a timer replica, I don't need to gather costumes or what-not. The stuff I care about with SLIDERS, I have to make myself or it wouldn't exist at all. I don't speak for any other fan, of course.

ireactions wrote:

Congratulations! I wonder what single item I'd be willing to spend $402.11 on.

Auto body repair work.

https://i.guim.co.uk/img/media/a1b7129c950433c9919f5670c92ef83aa1c682d9/55_344_1971_1183/master/1971.jpg?width=700&quality=85&auto=format&fit=max&s=ab166fc24298a3d65b21148c434767ba

I imagine the buyer was more interested in the attached production documents (or maybe just a big Del Rubio sisters fan).  My main interest would be in documentation of filming locations; but I got out of that whole game a long time ago.

You sure as hell did!

I can understand the joy and thrill that someone might feel if they were to hold a shooting script that Cleavant Derricks himself held on the Vancouver set. I can appreciate the thrill that someone could feel to hold a Motorola timer. And I suspect that Temporal Flux may experience similar things, but that his pursuit of SLIDERS artifacts and treasures may have had more to do with connecting to the people who acquired these items in the course of their work on the show and could offer not only more items but insight, experience, anecdotes and other information.

I personally don't relate to that, but I respect it. In university, I tracked down first American printings of the HARRY POTTER series, held the handcovers and their beautiful jackets in my hand -- and it meant nothing. I didn't care about the exterior or the weight. I liked the stories. So I donated my mint copies to a children's library and stepped back from collecting anything. As a STAR TREK fan, my happiest possession is not an artifact of any kind -- it's a paperback of THE RETURN, a novel by William Shatner in which the deceased Captain Kirk is resurrected for a 10 novel series of adventures.

Anyway. I am happy that JWSlider3 made $400 and I am glad that someone out there acquired something that they must have really wanted very much indeed and I am pleased that the passenger side of my car has had all the rust removed and been repainted to protect the structural integrity of my vehicle for years to come.

I didn't make Jack shit. I was bidding on it and was surprised that someone out there had old school Temporal Flux desire to possess a script that I normally (of recent) wouldn't see go for more than $35.

The dude that won it is a moderator at that Slidehead Facebook page that you were bashing a couple of days ago. I guess he doesn't need any pressing work done on his car!

I'm sorry. I was confused. I thought you were selling it as I thought you'd previously communicated that you had scripts.

I don't know that the work was pressing, but it was a matter of either paying some money to repair the car between now to 12 months from now or buying a new car entirely in 2 - 3 years' time. (Urgent, important information!)

Well that was the auction.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Sliders-Origin … 3907351346

11 (edited by ArturoVila Yesterday 08:15:05)

I'd rather pay $400 for a blu-ray remastering of all 5 seasons, assuming the 35mm negs are still available. The show was likely edited on videotape, which means every episode would need a new wormhole, if nothing else.

(But I'll admit, the actual scripts are a nice piece of kit from the actual productions. Better to be in a collection than in a landfill.)