Topic: If it weren't for Rickman or the Kromaggs would their be much to..

Basically if the show would of stayed true to its season 1 roots, and never went the way of movie land in season 3, killing the Professor, adding Rickman, adding Maggie, sending Quinns Mom and Wade to a rape camp, Earth Prime takin over by the Maggs, Maggs now speaking english, wearing Nazi uniforms and speaking English, Jerry's brother 1st acting job, Jerry the producer, Jerry and brother quit, Quinn merge with Mallory, Collin separates, 2 more new sliders, Wade head in jar, Season 5 ends on cliff hanger, Rembrand probably dead, maybe not, if not he genocide an entire race of bad Kromaggs.

I can think of very few Sci-Fi shows that took a concept of 4 explorers and went in the direction of Sliders...maybe Gene Roddenberry's Earth Final Conflict came close.

On the other hand if it was just Quinn the history buff as the show was originally concieved I wonder what direction it would of took, I can't imagine a world where in 5 short seasons 88 episodes their would only be 1 cast member left, using completely different sets.

Re: If it weren't for Rickman or the Kromaggs would their be much to..

Sometimes I think one of Sliders' strengths for me is that it did change so much in such a short period of time. Sure I like the older episodes more in general. But the show kept changing and re-inventing itself (although not always for the better, usually not for the better actually) which kept it fresh and each section of the series has its own unique feel. It's almost like Sliders is like 7 different shows in one. Do I want to watch Dust? Ok. Then do I want to watch Last Days? Sure. Do I want to watch This Slide Of Paradise? Ok. It's like 3 completely different shows, but somehow related. I think if we had 88 episodes that were all like Fever and Last Days in feel, it would've been boring and monotonous after a while. Don't get me wrong, i would've done things a lot differently for the series to keep it closer to seasons 1/2 in certain ways. But Sliders changes in 5 seasons more than any other series would need about 50 to change as much.