Topic: Rick & Morty is essentially an animated Sliders

I know that Rick and Morty is a morph of some shorts that featured characters called Doc and Mharti - but it seems that the world-building is much closer to that of Sliders than it is of Back to the Future.  If Morty was in his 20's, and not 10 (or however old he is supposed to be) it would be closed to being Quinn and Arturo.  The Portal Gun is a Timer for all intents and purposes, and the animation of their vortex is very similar to the vortex from Sliders.
We even see Roiland wearing a Sliders t-shirt in an interview.

I am curious why they compare the show to Futurama, per say, but not Sliders? Has anyone else though about the parallels between Rick and Morty and Sliders? (My username might indicate that I have)

https://i.imgur.com/yBd4jwu.png

Re: Rick & Morty is essentially an animated Sliders

justin roiland -- the creator -- was once interviewed while wearing a sliders t-shirt.  so pretty obvious sliders (and back to the future) along with some other stuff is an influence.

Re: Rick & Morty is essentially an animated Sliders

I'm also a big Back to the Future fan so I started watching Rick and Morty back when I heard it was inspired by it. Now that I've gotten myself into Sliders, I've definitly seen some parallels between Rick and Morty and Sliders. You can tell the creators were both fans of BTTF and Sliders. They probably compared it to Futurama because that is another animated show and BTTF and Sldiers are both live action.