Topic: Favourite Unaired Pilots and why you like them.

Like the Thread Title says.....

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

Re: Favourite Unaired Pilots and why you like them.

Ok.... I'll start us off.

I mentioned this series on another thread.... You guessed it... It's "The Tomorrow People" 90's Ver again.

The Unaired Pilot is here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7grSwhCh … ata_player

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

"Rewind" from Syfy. Actually the Pilot aired but beyond that it was cancelled.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

Parallels. For obvious reasons.

5 (edited by omnimercurial 2015-12-07 20:44:28)

There was some stuff in the Unaired Pilot of "The Tomorrow People" that was cut in the Series Premiere which I think was a shame and is why I like the Pilot.

The Actor who played Kevin was better in the Pilot but I have no idea what reason there was for the recasting.

During the Bus Bullying Scene Kevin Teleports to the Sea and back in panic and throws a Live Octopus that clung to him on the Bully to escape.
This was funny even if the Octopus looked a little fake.
Te Series Premiere swapped that Prop for Seaweed which although looked a little better visually ended up losing the humour.

Another thing ommitted was a Scene with the Experimental Tech that explained it had been bought from the Former USSR's version of MK Ultra after the collapse of the Soviet Union.
It's a shame it was cut out as I liked that part.

I also thought Adam was more of an effective Mentor/Big Brother figure in the Pilot wheras in the Final Episode 1 version that was watered down somewhat.
Maybe to make him more relatable? Give his Character room for growth?
I guess I just liked him more as a Mentor Figure. smile

There are a few other differences but I liked these the most.

Obviously the Season Premiere added extra content and some improvements but.... Yeah.

Never watched the unaired 90s TP pilot. I thought the aired episode was quite awesome, but will have to give this a watch...

Yay! Glad to hear it! smile