Topic: The Great Work... finally a way to read that damned crystal

At last, that crystal containing the Great Work might make sense.

360TB on a quartz crystal... permanently:

http://gizmodo.com/optical-data-storage … 1759359652

Re: The Great Work... finally a way to read that damned crystal

I always thought Crystal Computing was well known among Fans in Sci Fi-dom after Babylon 5 in the 90's and Stargate in the Noughties regardless of greater Scientific Principles and Applications.

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

As you may or may not know, Austin Nichols (The Great Work) is currently on The Walking Dead.  I met him last year while getting TWD actors at their NY hotel.  Very nice guy!

https://c1.staticflickr.com/1/695/22536541926_7effb9dbb7_z.jpg

omnimercurial wrote:

I always thought Crystal Computing was well known among Fans in Sci Fi-dom after Babylon 5 in the 90's and Stargate in the Noughties regardless of greater Scientific Principles and Applications.

Yes, but there was nothing in the episode to suggest that anyone in that dimension had that technology. The monks used silicate discs. Diana created a way to store their data in a quartz crystal, but the crystal was taken without also taking any technology to read it. Oh, and it was "encrypted," too, so good luck decrypting it even if you can find a way to access it.

Grizzlor wrote:

As you may or may not know, Austin Nichols (The Great Work) is currently on The Walking Dead.  I met him last year while getting TWD actors at their NY hotel.  Very nice guy!

Cool. I watch TWD, but didn't recognize him.

DMD, he plays the somewhat cowardly, whiny son of Diana.