Topic: TV Show Graveyard

Today, it is easy to hold onto shows that are cancelled. All we have to do is download them or stream them on Netflix. But there are some shows that were cancelled after one season that I would love to watch again, but I can't find.

The recent resurgence of VR goggles got me to thinking about VR.5, which premieres around the same time as Sliders. It focused on a woman named Sidney, who could plug her special VR headset into a phone and use it to enter the minds of people she called. I would like to see that again.

Other shows that I would love to see:

Strange Luck
Freakylinks (I do have most of these on vhs)
Deadly Games (stupid UPN show)
Grosse Pointe

I know there are some that I'm forgetting. What short-lived series stuck in your head?

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Re: TV Show Graveyard

Timecop
Home Fires
Hardball
Unhappily Ever After

Back To the Future: Animated Series was on that list until it was finally released on DVD this past October.

The Lazarus Man.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

Dellaventura (Danny Aiello)

The longest wait for me was the Get a Life comedy starring Chris Elliott.  Rights issues delayed a DVD release for over a decade.  Is VR (Lori Singer) still not available?  Wow.

Some good shows listed!

Some of VR.5 is on YouTube, but it is missing just enough to make it impossible to watch.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Seven Days is one I'm surprised has never been released (it it even online?).  It lasted for 66 episodes, and I usually got a giggle out of it.

TemporalFlux wrote:

Seven Days is one I'm surprised has never been released (it it even online?).  It lasted for 66 episodes, and I usually got a giggle out of it.

I was about to say Seven Days.  Loved that show, and I think it would do great with a reboot.

Side note: I did a crossover with Seven Days in Earth 214 tongue

Informant wrote:

The recent resurgence of VR goggles got me to thinking about VR.5, which premieres around the same time as Sliders. It focused on a woman named Sidney, who could plug her special VR headset into a phone and use it to enter the minds of people she called. I would like to see that again.

Woah, someone else who remembers that show! Lol.

I really enjoyed watching VR.5 with the awesome Anthony Head. It's such a shame it didn't last as I thought the premise was pretty cool.

"The Hoop Life", which was on showtime hasn't been ever made available commercially.

I'd like to see Seaquest again....

Brimstone too....

Also Ack! Wha was it called.... Um.... Aha!

American Gothic! Loved that Show.

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

Brimstone comes up in conversation a lot for a show that was cancelled so quickly.

Man, I wish someone would release these shows. I think SeaQuest is on Netflix. That might be worth checking out sometime. I never really watched it when it was on. My only memory of that one is watching it in the waiting room of an ER while my brother had his finger stitched up.

Brimstone was very good. Being a UK resident though we here just assumed Brit TV were too cheap to buy Season 2.

We never knew it was Axed the way it was for quite a few years.

Seaquest was fun and did have a bit of Sliders sense of Wonder but with regard to the Sea as opposed to the multiverse obviously smile

Roy Scheider from Jaws was in The first Series and then we got a Pseudo Sequel/Reboot set in the Future but with some of the same Crew from the First Seaquest Show. I think it was Alien Abduction or Time Travel.... Or Both?
It's been awhile.

The Deluise's were in it and Ted Raimi who played Joxer in Xena.
There was good bits in the Sequel but like Sliders it reoriented from Exploration and Curiosity to Action and War and Conspiracy....

There were some truly Awful Episodes like Sliders but there were also some real delights.... Like Sliders smile

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

Brimstone was one I forgot about; a really great show I would like to see again.