Topic: Defending The Dark Knight Rises....AGAIN by Slider_Quinn21

http://sliders.tv/bboard-archive/viewtopic.php?id=105

Re: Defending The Dark Knight Rises....AGAIN by Slider_Quinn21

BANE - "So you came here to die with your city...."

BATMAN - "No.  I came here to stop you"

This line has bothered me every time I've heard it.  Every single time.  The Nolan Batman films were damn-near perfect.  I love them all, and they're full of great dialogue.  From "I never said thank you" "And you'll never have to." to "Some men aren't looking for anything logical, like money.  Some men simply want to watch the world burn" - there's so many classic or funny lines in this series.

Batman has been defeated.  His back has been broken.  His spirit nearly fell as well.  Gotham has been taken over.  The citizens are hiding, scared.  Batman triumphantly leads an army to fight, and when the one-on-one matchup happens......"I came here to stop you."  Seriously, Bruce?  You couldn't come up with something better in all the time you were sitting in that prison?  On the long plane ride back?  In the day or two you were in Gotham?

Granted, yes, you came there to stop him.  It's true.  But the line falls so flat.  It might be the flattest line in the series, and it might be one of the flattest "big moment" lines I've ever seen.

The movie is way better than it gets credit for, but man....that line.

Deep breath. Close your eyes. Answer one question for me...

Do you know what happens to a toad when it's struck by lightning?

See? Instant perspective! You're welcome. ☺

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Hahaha well apparently that line was at least explained in a deleted scene.  https://oracleoffilm.com/2014/02/09/3-d … the-movie/

The Dark Knight one is really bad because it's in such a good movie.  I still can't explain it.

Yeah, it's a weak line.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

It's just so weird because there's a build-up to it, and it just falls so flat.  It bothers me every time smile