Topic: Season 3 Love or Haight?

I know we have dissected and resected and read all Earth Prime comments and reviews but I for what its worth want to take time and grade the season 3 episodes. Not much commentary I just give them grades and invite others to do the same and comment if you prefer. so without further ....

1. Rules of the Game   B-  our favorite guilty pleasure
2. Double Cross           A     
3. Electric Twister Acid   B-   
4. The Guardian           A    superb television
5. the Dream Masters     C   blatant rip off, silly but watchable 
6. Desert Storm            F
7. Dragon Slide             D
8   The Fire Within         F
9   Prince of Slides        B
10 Dead Man Sliding      A
11. State of the Art        D
12. Seasons Greedings    B+
13. Murder Most Foul      C
14. Slide like an Egyptian  C  IMO this is where the show "Jumped" awful CGI, stupid premise but watchable
15. Paradise Lost             F
16. Exodus pt 1              B-
17. Exodus pt 2              C
18.Sole Survivors            B  not a huge fan of Zombie genre but enjoyable
19. The Breeder              F
20.  The Last of Eden      C
21.  Other slide of Darkness    D
22. Slither                      F
23.Stoker                       D-    an idiotic acid trip, bad but the high grade because of the ludicrous and stupidity of this dog
24. Dinoslide                  B   the best post Auturo episode this grim season
25. This slide of Paradise   C  its watchable and stupid, like Stoker to the point of being downright ridiculous.

all the F's are just unwatchable and I do not waste the hour (45 minutes) watching them. bad as Stoker and This Slide of Paradise are I can at least watch them if not just for a good laugh.

Re: Season 3 Love or Haight?

I can't bring myself to hate The Fire Within, because I love Olaf Stapledon's The Flames.  Yeah, Sliders fumbled the concept but it still holds a certain fondness for me.

1. Rules of the Game   C-
3. Electric Twister Acid   C+   
4. The Guardian           A     
5. the Dream Masters     C+ has its moments 
6. Desert Storm            D
7. Dragon Slide             D
8   The Fire Within         F can't believe they did this with a straight face
9   Prince of Slides        C+
10 Dead Man Sliding      A-
11. State of the Art        D
12. Seasons Greedings    B
13. Murder Most Foul      A I actually love this episode, Arturo is great in this
14. Slide like an Egyptian  C+
15. Paradise Lost             C+ enjoy this for its ridiculousness, it's so bad it's great to watch, it's amazing this is actually an episode that got made given the premise
16. Exodus pt 1              B
17. Exodus pt 2              D-
18.Sole Survivors            B  Enjoy this more than I expect to whenever I watch it, plus Bennish gets a mention!
19. The Breeder              B
20.  The Last of Eden      C+
21.  Other slide of Darkness    B
22. Slither                      C+
23.Stoker                       C
24. Dinoslide                  C
25. This slide of Paradise   B-

Only 1 F- The Fire Within.  Probably only Roads Taken and Requiem would also get an F if I rated the other seasons. A lot of not so great episodes, but some that are enjoyable to watch, even if just for the ridiculousness. Some of them get a higher grade due to certain scenes or characters- Diggs' role would bump up most episodes with him in it.

Was fun, would do this for other seasons too.

KerrAvon wrote:

I know we have dissected and resected and read all Earth Prime comments and reviews but I for what its worth want to take time and grade the season 3 episodes. Not much commentary I just give them grades and invite others to do the same and comment if you prefer. so without further ....

1. Rules of the Game   B-  our favorite guilty pleasure agree
2. Double Cross           A      mostly agree, b+ or a-
3. Electric Twister Acid   B-  mostly agree, b- or b
4. The Guardian           A    superb television basically agree, a- or a
5. the Dream Masters     C   blatant rip off, silly but watchable  c+ - and yes, this is still watchable.
6. Desert Storm            F kind of like this one
7. Dragon Slide             D yea
8   The Fire Within         F started out OK, but just got awful and maybe the worst sliders episode ever
9   Prince of Slides        B mostly agree, b+
10 Dead Man Sliding      A mostly agree, b+/ a- Not sure this has aged as well
11. State of the Art        D c for a half interesting concept, and I like bladerunner
12. Seasons Greedings    B+ it is much better in the first 30 minutes or so, but i will give it an a-. i love the concept
13. Murder Most Foul      C b or b+.  reminds me of the star trek (torme wrote?) where he plays a detective
14. Slide like an Egyptian  C  IMO this is where the show "Jumped" awful CGI, stupid premise but watchable bad, bad but c+ for a certain charm. but bad
15. Paradise Lost             F yep
16. Exodus pt 1              B- yes, maybe even a b
17. Exodus pt 2              C d+ /  c-
18.Sole Survivors            B  not a huge fan of Zombie genre but enjoyable agree
19. The Breeder              F agree
20.  The Last of Eden      C
23.Stoker                       D-    an idiotic acid trip, bad but the high grade because of the ludicrous and stupidity of this dog
24. Dinoslide                  B   the best post Auturo episode this grim season
25. This slide of Paradise   C  its watchable and stupid, like Stoker to the point of being downright ridiculous.

all the F's are just unwatchable and I do not waste the hour (45 minutes) watching them. bad as Stoker and This Slide of Paradise are I can at least watch them if not just for a good laugh.

1. Rules of the Game   B
3. Electric Twister Acid   B
4. The Guardian           A+
5. the Dream Masters     C
6. Desert Storm            C
7. Dragon Slide             B
8   The Fire Within         C-
9   Prince of Slides        B+
10 Dead Man Sliding      B+
11. State of the Art        C
12. Seasons Greedings   A
13. Murder Most Foul      B
14. Slide like an Egyptian  D
15. Paradise Lost             F
16. Exodus pt 1              A
17. Exodus pt 2              F
18.Sole Survivors            B
19. The Breeder              D
20.  The Last of Eden      C+
23.Stoker                       C
24. Dinoslide                  B
25. This slide of Paradise   C

1. Rules of the Game        B+ (Some good Remmy and Professor moments)
2. Double Cross                B+ (Like the resource-depleted world angle.  Also, JRD shined, as usual.  Highlights: when he notices it is not his Wade and when he is talking with his alternate's wife)
3. Electric Twister Acid      C-
4. The Guardian               A-
5. the Dream Masters       D (Horrible story.  Saved by more nice Remmy and Professor moments.)
6. Desert Storm               D-
7. Dragon Slide                 C (Set aside the magic, dragons and wizards and it is reasonably watchable.  Great Remmy and Wade moment when he explains how he feels for her)
8   The Fire Within            C- (Intelligent fire, thumbs down.  However, the world they slid into had promise.)
9   Prince of Slides            C
10 Dead Man Sliding         B+ (Would have been higher, but had to drop a bit due to the odd Brooklyn accent of alternate Quinn)
11. State of the Art          C+(Like Robert Englund and was a nice twist to find out he too was a robot)
12. Seasons Greedings      A-
13. Murder Most Foul        B
14. Slide like an Egyptian  B-  (Watched this just last week and found it more appealing than remember.  The world was a great concept and the doctor's obsession with life-after-death is a nice tie to their ancient society.  Best moment of the episode was Remmy informing Professor and Wade of Quinn's death.
15. Paradise Lost               D 
16. Exodus pt 1                 B-  (Would have been higher, but had to consider, IMO, the awful performances of Rickman and Maggie)
17. Exodus pt 2                 C  (Giant world? No.   Again, just poor acting brings this down for me.  Professor's death scenario should have been much more heroic.  Should not have been attacked by Rickman or shot.)
18.Sole Survivors               B  (Not a zombie fan, however, the story was fine for what it was)
19. The Breeder                 C 
20.  The Last of Eden         D-
22. Slither                            F
23.Stoker                            C- (Not a vampire fan, but had some interesting historical references.  Watchable.
24. Dinoslide                        C
25. This slide of Paradise       C

I was thinking to make this a separate topic but since its related to Season 3 here goes:
I am glad to see all the grades from other members and we seem to agree...I did notice the comments on the good moments between Auturo and Rembrandt in several episodes (Rules of the Game, The Last of Eden to name a few)
But what about the exchanges between Wade and Maggie?

I guess the powers to be thought that "conflict" was a good thing so they just threw gas on the fire. we had some conflict in early episodes but it was good character development but the sparks that flew between Maggie and Wade was very intense to say the least.

Sole Survivor   this is my favorite as the two came close to bloodletting. It was all Rembrandt and Quinn could do to separate the ladies...

Slither      Maggie comment of how perhaps Wade should have a "fling" is priceless in this disgusting episode. this was the only thing worth watching in the episode.

Dinoslide
   there were some good moments between the two when they first arrived