Topic: Hi All

I used to be a regular on the Earth Prime forums a long time ago. Some of you might remember me. My name is Russ from the UK. I'm afraid I can't remember my old username. I recognise a few people here.

I've just bought the German blu-ray collection of Sliders. I'm looking forward to watching it again. The 5th season never had a physical release in the UK, so I've not seen that since the initial television broadcast.

I would love to see Sliders come back in the form of a reboot or spin-off. The concept is too good not to use again.

I'm happy to see there's still a community supporting the show.

Re: Hi All

Welcome (back)!

Yes, there's still folks out there supporting it / engaging with it.

I definitely remember a crouteru handle, I think.  Hi again.

Welcome! Glad to see you back in the community.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

5 (edited by KerrAvon 2016-11-22 17:57:29)

welcome aboard, glad to have you.
I doubt we will ever get a Slider reboot or whatnot. Though we love the hell out of the show and it will always give me a warm and fuzzy feeling inside, the show just does not have the following that a show like Star Trek, Firefly, even Blakes 7 enjoys

I recently re watched Heavy Metal and To Catch a Slider
like much of the Fifth Season it brings a smile to my face and leaves me with fond memories when I first saw both episodes in Oct 1999 and January 2000 respectfully during their initial airings.

A lovely show but it was plagued by high cast turnover and in fighting among the "suits." But I sill love it.

Belated thank you for the welcome back!

I've just finished re-watching Season 3. Never before or since have I seen a series get so interestingly bad over the course of a single season.

I have fonder memories of Season 4, but I'll see how I feel about it now. I think even Season 5 made better attempts at parallel world ideas than Season 3. It's just a shame about the cast changes.

I like season 5 more than 4 for the most part. 5 and even 4 to a degree make better use of history behind why the world's are so different than earth prime. Season 5 almost has a season 1-2 feel. One thing I do like about Sliders is that each season has its own feel and style which makes the series seem a lot bigger than it actually is. Sometimes I think it's hard to believe it's only 87 episodes since so much happens and so much changes during the series. Yeah there's some junk in there like Roads Taken and Requiem, and also some insane concepts like Paradise Lost and The Fire Within, but that's what makes the series more interesting to me.

Surf Dance Chris wrote:

I like season 5 more than 4 for the most part. 5 and even 4 to a degree make better use of history behind why the world's are so different than earth prime. Season 5 almost has a season 1-2 feel. One thing I do like about Sliders is that each season has its own feel and style which makes the series seem a lot bigger than it actually is. Sometimes I think it's hard to believe it's only 87 episodes since so much happens and so much changes during the series. Yeah there's some junk in there like Roads Taken and Requiem, and also some insane concepts like Paradise Lost and The Fire Within, but that's what makes the series more interesting to me.

Very true. I will say of Season 3, the first 14 episodes are enjoyable to watch, even if many of the ideas are a bit daft (robots, dragons, living fire, etc.). It's the 4 main characters who hold the series together. Beginning from Paradise Lost, the remaining 11 episodes are just really bad. I would say these episodes represent the very worst of the series.

I'm enjoying Season 4 so far. I think World Killer is one of the best episodes from the whole series.

World Killer is certainly an excellent episode. I think that's the last time we see Quinn's house?

The few episodes with just Quinn, Remmy and Maggie are good, they had a good mix before Colin entered the series. Maggie is an awful character in season 3, but I like her just as much as the original 4 sliders during seasons 4 and 5 (although her hair color in 4 is awful).

Surf Dance Chris wrote:

World Killer is certainly an excellent episode. I think that's the last time we see Quinn's house?

The few episodes with just Quinn, Remmy and Maggie are good, they had a good mix before Colin entered the series. Maggie is an awful character in season 3, but I like her just as much as the original 4 sliders during seasons 4 and 5 (although her hair color in 4 is awful).

Heh, I seem to remember thinking Maggie was played by a different actress when I saw the opening to Season 4! In fact, I found that episode very confusing at first. I thought Quinn and Maggie were stuck "in the future", as that awful ending to Season 3 claimed. I'm glad Season 4 retconned that though, as it was a betrayal of everything we were told about sliding.

I don't mind Colin. His introductory episode was good, and I like that he was raised on a less advanced world. It gave him a "fish-out-of-water" appeal.

I've just finished up Season 4. As blasphomous as this may sound, I'd actually say it's superior to Season 3. There was an actual story and direction. More thought was put into parallel world ideas. I won't pretend it's the same great show from the first two seasons, but after the post-Exodus dreck of Season 3, this was pretty good. It's a shame the season kinda fell apart in the final episode though.

I think most of season 4 is worse than most of season 3. Season 3 had zero kromagg interactions while nearly half of season 4 did. Season 4 had Maggie's bad hair dye. Season 3 had Arturo for more than half the season and had Wade for all of it.

I don't think the last episode of season 4 was that bad compared to most of the other episodes that season. The second to last episode, Roads Taken, is probably the worst of the series though (either that or Requiem to me).

While there were some stinkers, season 3 had some pretty good episodes like Murder Most Foul and the Guardian. Season 4 did as well- World Killer and Way Out West. But having the Kromaggs dominate the near majority of the episodes in season 4 make it my least favorite of the series.