Topic: Sliders leaving Netflix in 2017

I read on the Slideheads Facebook group that Sliders will be leaving Netflix on January 1st. I'm sure most of us have (or should have) the DVD set(s). It's still nice to be able to use Netflix to put on an episode (except the 2 missing ones, of course) without getting up to actually put a DVD in.

Re: Sliders leaving Netflix in 2017

Man, Netflix has been losing a lot of good shows lately. Fringe, Chuck, Psych... All shows that probably benefit from being on Netflix as much as Netflix benefits from having them.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Well I imagine they can only pay for X number of these old shows at once.  Especially with Amazon or Hulu competing.  They just spent money for the CW reruns.

I think there's a decent chance this still gets re-added.

If they did re-add, I'd really like a better quality than what's on there, and the two episodes that are missing added. I find it much easier to watch on netflix than using the dvds, since I like to just marathon it on in the background on continuous play.

It's a shame that the two missing episodes are two of the best ones. Harder to generate interest in the show in my opinion.

Last Days is in my top 3 episodes. Might even be #2.

I still think it's semi amazing, even with the volume of subscribers they have, that they can license so many big name shows and movies (I'd bet even Sliders isn't cheap), in addition to all the original content they've been doing.

(And still charge so little and do well)

8 (edited by RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan 2016-12-07 00:17:47)

Surf Dance Chris wrote:

(And still charge so little and do well)

They actually had to do a 1.5b debt financing to help pay for the original content they plan to produce, and I don't think they are profitable since starting to do a lot of original programming.

Some more info in this article: http://www.lawyerherald.com/articles/31 … -costs.htm

Either way, like anything, they are banking on being able to eventually turn the corner.

I guess Netflix has to make room for other things. I recall watching some series and movies that are no longer available.
Its business

Like so many of you, I have the complete DVD's but it is nice once in a while to watch an episode without having to bother with changing or setting up a DVD, you just hit play and run with it.

And when I bought the Mill Creek DVDs, they called me mad!!!

ireactions wrote:

And when I bought the Mill Creek DVDs, they called me mad!!!

When I bought the $200 Universal Complete Series DVDs they committed me.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

When I kidnapped the actors and forced them to act out the scripts in my living room... I mean... Umm... That totally never happened.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

The more recent 'Leaving Netflix' articles don't have Sliders listed as departing, so hopefully it is in good shape on that front.