Topic: Say Goodbye to the IMDB Boards

Thought I'd give a heads up, IMDB is jumping ship like SyFy.

IMDb is the world's most popular and authoritative source for movie, TV and celebrity content. As part of our ongoing effort to continually evaluate and enhance the customer experience on IMDb, we have decided to disable IMDb's message boards on February 20, 2017. This includes the Private Message system. After in-depth discussion and examination, we have concluded that IMDb's message boards are no longer providing a positive, useful experience for the vast majority of our more than 250 million monthly users worldwide. The decision to retire a long-standing feature was made only after careful consideration and was based on data and traffic.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

Re: Say Goodbye to the IMDB Boards

Hmmm didn't even realize there was a message system in place. I've only gone to the site to look up info.

There is a lot of negativity on those boards, but they can also have some interesting discussion too. It's a shame.

The whole internet feels like it is on a downward spiral into unpleasantness.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Haven't used in them in ages.  It's pretty much nonstop vitriol against the actors, and usually for really ridiculous things.

Unmoderated boards are all going by the wayside.

Well, I suppose it's for the best, although let it be noted: my knowledge of David Peckinpah's drug addiction and overdose and lonely death in Vancouver all came from Peckinpah's family posting on IMDB and asking for a little kindness as people were cheering Peckinpah's death.