Topic: The Rewatch Podcast is Chasing Down The 1990's Flash!

Hey guys, 'member me?

The Rewatch Podcast has been on an extended hiatus unfortunately. Cory was moving, I was heading out on vacation, and we've been waiting for the head honcho at the Golden Spiral Media Network to get us hooked up over there...

But we're just about ready to start again and we are hitting up the John Wesley Shipp-helmed Flash! If you guys have the episodes or can find them online somewhere, We'd love to have your comments and feedback just like back in the Ol days. I know Daily Motion can be a good source sometimes.

Thanks!
Tom and Corey

Re: The Rewatch Podcast is Chasing Down The 1990's Flash!

It's not really a rewatch if I didn't watch it the first time, right?

Haha yes I suppose not! I have some fond memories of he show but haven't really watched it since maybe the late 90's. I'm wondering how it will hold up!

Tom, we have missed you around here.  It seems like your Rewatch kick has taken you away from us!  Glad though that the dynamic duo is still at it. You guys are great.  I'll definitely give it a try.

Thanks RC_L! Yeah the podcast and real life keep me busy! Plus, I have suddenly become a huge Doctor Who fan. BingeWatched the whole reboot from 2005 onto the present day in the last six months, enough to get caught up and buy the season pass for the current season AND see the premier episode in theatres. Now I'm into the Classic Who as well, starting my own Rewatch with the original 1963 Season 1!

It sucks that there are so many missing episodes from the first two Doctors

tom2point0 wrote:

Thanks RC_L! Yeah the podcast and real life keep me busy! Plus, I have suddenly become a huge Doctor Who fan. BingeWatched the whole reboot from 2005 onto the present day in the last six months, enough to get caught up and buy the season pass for the current season AND see the premier episode in theatres. Now I'm into the Classic Who as well, starting my own Rewatch with the original 1963 Season 1!

Very cool! Will that be part of the Rewatch Pod feed or somewhere separate?

pilight wrote:

It sucks that there are so many missing episodes from the first two Doctors

It's so odd to think that at one time people thought yeah, just record over that episode, who's gonna watch this stuff again! I've just been watching the one episode I'm not a fan of. It was the last story of season one, the French revolution one. A lot of missing episodes but they used stills and the original audio. I don't think it was the stills that bugged me. The story was just way slower than the others that season imo.

RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan wrote:

Unfortunately not. Cory actually does a Doctor Who podcast already with some others called the Pod Doctors and while they cover the new episodes as they air, he wanted the Rewatch Podxast to focus on shows that arent ongoing.

For example: he had thought that we might do a Twin Peaks Rewatch but then when they announced the sequels episodes, doing a Rewatch of it would mean we would cover the new episode as well, changing it from a Rewatch.

I'd love to do a Who podcast myself but again the problem would be TIME! If I only had a Tardis...

tom2point0 wrote:

Unfortunately not. Cory actually does a Doctor Who podcast already with some others called the Pod Doctors and while they cover the new episodes as they air, he wanted the Rewatch Podxast to focus on shows that arent ongoing.

For example: he had thought that we might do a Twin Peaks Rewatch but then when they announced the sequels episodes, doing a Rewatch of it would mean we would cover the new episode as well, changing it from a Rewatch.

I'd love to do a Who podcast myself but again the problem would be TIME! If I only had a Tardis...

A Twin Peaks rewatch would have been great! Perhaps you'll get to it once this season finishes.  I don't think there will be anymore so it will fit into the Rewatch brand.

Ah yeah true! Actually I've never seen Twin Peaks. When it aired I had a girlfriend who was huge into it, so much so that it turned me off. So many conversations about it back then and I had no clue what was what. It'd be a first watch for me if we ever do it!

If it's this hard for you to track down old episodes of "The Flash," how will people follow along while they listen to the podcast?

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Transmodiar wrote:

If it's this hard for you to track down old episodes of "The Flash," how will people follow along while they listen to the podcast?

Oh it's not hard to track down the episodes at all. I had the dvd set for a long time now. Easy! Haha!

I know there are some episodes out there on Daily Motion. It might take some searching to find them all. Just a quick search I did right now resulted in about 7 or 8 episodes so it's possible the rest are in there too. You never know how long they'll stay up though so sights like keepvid would be useful for downloading offline.

I know we have a local used bookstore that carries used DVDs and video games and other items as well. I know the Flash series was there for really cheap too at one time. Maybe see if you have a similar store nearby maybe? Or libraries are sometimes surprisingly. My local library is how I've been finding out Doctor Who episodes. They seem to have a pretty big collection of all the old series.

Finally Amazon has the season for digital download for just $15. A decent price considering its 22 episodes total!  It doesn't appear to be streaming anywhere for free just yet though.

The initial intro is up!!!

http://www.goldenspiralmedia.com/rw-134 … let-us-run

Tom and Cory: nice work on the FLASH intro! I really liked Cory's comments about the costume and Tom's observations about John Wesley Shipp's musculature. My favourite parts were the remarks about the unaired JUSTICE LEAGUE pilot and the proposed WB FLASH series. I'd never even heard of the latter!

I actually haven't seen THE FLASH (1990) outside of the pilot episode. It looked like a show that was groundbreaking and special in the time in which it was made, but a bit too slow for me to watch when new episodes of the CW's FLASH were airing. However, I will be taking this journey back to the 90s with the Rewatch Podcast and I'm eager to react to both the show and their reactions.

My feelings about THE FLASH (1990) are exactly the same as my feelings about QUANTUM LEAP, so there's another show that I probably wouldn't watch on my own but will for Tom and for Cory.

I had never heard of that other pilot either! I'm kind of glad they never made it. It really sounded less like Flash and more look like some Quantum leap redux.

So check it out guys! Episode one AND two of our Flash 90 Rewatch!

http://www.goldenspiralmedia.com/rw136- … of-control

http://www.goldenspiralmedia.com/rw-136 … ng-thieves

We'd love to hear from ya all and let's face it, you need something to hold you over until the Flash is back in October so join us, won't you, and Rewatch John Wesley Shipp in his original iconic role! Use the phone number at Golden Spiral Media or post here and  let's hear your thoughts on the episodes too.

I'm actually very impressed so far with the stories and all. I was worried but I'm loving it!

18 (edited by RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan 2017-09-05 11:06:40)

tom2point0 wrote:

So check it out guys! Episode one AND two of our Flash 90 Rewatch!

http://www.goldenspiralmedia.com/rw136- … of-control

http://www.goldenspiralmedia.com/rw-136 … ng-thieves

We'd love to hear from ya all and let's face it, you need something to hold you over until the Flash is back in October so join us, won't you, and Rewatch John Wesley Shipp in his original iconic role! Use the phone number at Golden Spiral Media or post here and  let's hear your thoughts on the episodes too.

I'm actually very impressed so far with the stories and all. I was worried but I'm loving it!

I'll have to try to check it out as well as the podcast.

I was just looking at the IMDB. The rating is decent, but I also noticed it was created by Danny Bilson (I think that's rachel bilson's dad).

Oh I'll have to look into that! Could be a nice little thing to mention in the show !

I was just looking at the IMDB. The rating is decent, but I also noticed it was created by Danny Bilson (I think that's rachel bilson's dad).

Ha!  And his father was a director best known for work on the Get Smart tv series (for which he won an Emmy).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Bilson

On a side note, Bilson and DeMeo also wrote a six issue arc of the Flash comic in 2006:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Flash:_Lig … n_a_Bottle

It passed the mantle of Flash to Barry's grandson Bart Allen after Wally disappeared during Infinite Crisis; and the story featured Tina McGee from the 90's show.  In the arc following Bilson's, Bart was beaten to death by the Rogues, and Wally returned as the Flash.

TemporalFlux wrote:

Ha!  And his father was a director best known for work on the Get Smart tv series (for which he won an Emmy).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rachel_Bilson

On a side note, Bilson and DeMeo also wrote a six issue arc of the Flash comic in 2006:

http://dc.wikia.com/wiki/The_Flash:_Lig … n_a_Bottle

It passed the mantle of Flash to Barry's grandson Bart Allen after Wally disappeared during Infinite Crisis; and the story featured Tina McGee from the 90's show.  In the arc following Bilson's, Bart was beaten to death by the Rogues, and Wally returned as the Flash.

Cool.   Bilson has also done a lot of video game stuff.