Topic: Quinn's house - where is it?

I was just always curious. Does anyone know the actual location of the house they used as Quinn's house in the show? For that matter, is it in SF or Vancouver? It looks like SF just from the amount of sun (and I'm hoping so because I'm going to be up there in a few weeks, heh), but I'm useless at pinpointing geographical locations.

I don't even know if it'd still be there after 20 years, but I'd love to try and see it for myself.

Re: Quinn's house - where is it?

I would be astonished if the real San Francisco has ever appeared in SLIDERS outside of stock footage of the Golden Gate Bridge.

The season one and two houses were in Vancouver.  I had some information on the neighborhood the main house is located in, but I would need to dig around to find it.  I do remember that the white picket fence was only put there for the show.

But here's something else interesting - here's what Quinn's house might have looked like after he turned the power up too high and catapulted himself, three people and a Cadillac into another reality:

http://swamplot.com/houston-demo-artist … 013-05-08/

ireactions wrote:

I would be astonished if the real San Francisco has ever appeared in SLIDERS outside of stock footage of the Golden Gate Bridge.

Rembrandt's driving scene in the pilot was in San Francisco, I believe.  The building for Rembrandt's apartment was also featured in the early season's of Monk; I think it was his first assistant's house.

Okay then. I am astonished.

6 (edited by intangirble 2015-09-23 21:40:38)

Yeah, Remmy driving the Caddy was definitely in SF. Nowhere else in the world has streets like that.

TemporalFlux, if you'd do that digging, I'd really love it. :)

Ahaha, wow, I'd forgotten about that vortex house. Saw the pictures a few years back but never equated it with Sliders. They could do a little suing of their own. ;)

So -- they went out to San Francisco just to film a couple shots for the Pilot? That is really amazing.

Yeah, they'll send a second unit to do stuff like that. A smaller crew with just Cleavant Derricks that can bang out all of the driving stuff in a day or two. Not unheard of given the production cost of the pilot.

They carted Rembrandt's car up and down the west coast and even kept it all the way through the fifth season. Getting some establishing shots is nothing compared to that. wink

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

The footage I'm dying to see is Cleavant doing the national anthem at Candlestick Park before a Giants game!  Tracy I think said even he hasn't been able to find it.

Definitely like to use Google Street and find Quinn's house!

Grizzlor wrote:

The footage I'm dying to see is Cleavant doing the national anthem at Candlestick Park before a Giants game!  Tracy I think said even he hasn't been able to find it.

Definitely like to use Google Street and find Quinn's house!

Wait, that footage was recorded? Whoa. That would be epic to see indeed.

Yes - it was at a real Giants game back in 1994? Someone provided a first hand account ages ago; from what I remember he did got really into it. tongue

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

I continue to marvel at the Pilot inserting a few shots of the Real San Francisco. I didn't see them bothering to do that -- I mean, they had Quinn running through Golden Gate Park to get to the Berkeley campus! But I think it's cool. The thing about storytelling is that it's not just about the leads. It's about the world they inhabit. The Pilot and most of Season 1 are rather ugly and unattractive at times -- Arturo's gray suit, the drab look of the lecture hall. But that's what the real world looks like, which makes the bleakly nightmarish Soviet America and Quinn's eccentric house look genuine and believable. It's cool that they went to (modest) lengths when they could have gone to none.