1 (edited by Transmodiar 2016-05-08 21:45:38)

Topic: Earth Prime site updates

Just spent the past month overhauling the ol' girl. New look, new interface, even some new content. smile After Ib launches the next phase of Sliders: Reborn, expect even more new stuff rolling out every couple weeks!

http://www.earthprime.com

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Re: Earth Prime site updates

Awesome, looks great!

Thanks, looks good, that website has got me through the 1st year of being up at all hours of the night with 2 newborns.

4 (edited by RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan 2015-10-09 11:11:14)

Tremendous job.

I have to say, folks like Matt, Ib, Thomas, Tom, Cory, Jim, Alexander, Dan, the folks of this forum, and all the very active contributors throughout the fanbase's history have succeeded in very much keeping Sliders alive. I feel like we've had a bit of a renaissance, and everyone contributing has had an impact on getting others to contribute as well.  So thanks to you guys and gals and hope we can continue to keep sliders going for a while.

The new design looks fantastic. Great work!

Nice job Matt, looks great.

Tip: Dinoslide might have a broken photo link.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

I have quietly added something to the Odds and Ends section of Earth Prime: the "Slide Effects" screenplay in which Quinn wakes up to discover that it's 1995, time has been rewound to the Pilot, all his friends are alive and well, and only Quinn has any memory of sliding.

I have to say, I really like how things are going on Earth Prime as of late -- in that while I loved Matt's "Seer" review and Ian's blog, we were getting rather downbeat and depressing and I feel like our recent additions have been much more life-affirming and optimistic. :-)

Heyyyy! http://www.earthprime.com/reborn I finally managed to get all the sliders' faces on the SLIDERS REBORN page and at their current 2015 ages! :-D

Wow! Great job, ireactions! It looks every bit the modern website, in the best possible sense of that word. EP has a long and rich history, but it doesn't look its age. smile

Technically, it's Matt's great job -- I just found modern-era candid photos of Jerry, Sabrina, Cleavant and John!

Nice to see you here again. You know, the first installment of SLIDERS REBORN is *your* idea.

You posted on the old-old Bboard that you wished "The Seer" had ended with Cleavant coming out of the vortex to find Quinn, Wade and Arturo waiting for him, achieved through body doubles and voice impersonators and previously filmed footage. Other posters said this would have been too random, too weird, too inexplicable -- but I was really taken with it.

I think they should have done it for Season 5. They didn't need to worry about explaining it in the next episode because there wasn't going to be one. I ended up writing your idea into a script to begin my SLIDERS series.

Without your post, I don't think SLIDERS REBORN would exist. :-)

So now we know who to blame. wink

Transmodiar wrote:

So now we know who to blame. wink

Yes. And also whoever wrote the tag scene of THE WOLVERINE.

Remember about a year ago when I shared a few of the casting outlines for season three? Well, now they're all up at Earth Prime:

http://www.earthprime.com/etcetera/casting-season-three

Along with some other stuff we've been doling out over the past few months. smile

Gilette - the best a man can get!

Here are some snippets of an update that will be coming down the pike. I think people have been wondering what this scene was like for a long time...

"Young and Relentless" - 2nd Blue Draft
"Young and Relentless" - 3rd White Draft

I received an E-mail a few weeks ago complimenting me on how the character of Razor in SLIDERS REBORN was a very strong original creation. Terrifying.

Oh, at one point, Matt asked me to review Ian McDuffie's PARADISE LOST: THE COMIC BOOK, a volume that I personally consider unreviewable, resulting in this essay:

http://earthprime.com/essays/paradise-lost-the-comic

ireactions wrote:

Oh, at one point, Matt asked me to review Ian McDuffie's PARADISE LOST: THE COMIC BOOK, a volume that I personally consider unreviewable, resulting in this essay:

http://earthprime.com/essays/paradise-lost-the-comic

Beautiful thank you!

I quite enjoyed it too! smile

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

I guess I know why you do it, but I'd just as soon see the episodes and the reviews in the order that they aired.
Seems disorienting to me to see "As Time Goes By" smack in the middle of Season 2 when we all know it was the last episode aired. "Rules of the Game" launched Season  3 when we all know that ""Double Cross" should have aired first.

I get why you choose to do it your way, but .... Just prefer to see them in the order they aired, the order I saw them in. It sucks that Fox had to frak up the order.  At least Sci Fi didn't  screw with it.

Anyway, maybe its just me.