Topic: Prayers for Robert Floyd's daughter

https://twitter.com/RobFloyd1/status/99 … 68160?s=19

I don't know details, but Robert Floyd's daughter is in the hospital and he is requesting prayers.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Re: Prayers for Robert Floyd's daughter

very unfortunate. i hope everything turns out ok.

https://twitter.com/RobFloyd1/status/99 … 32800?s=19

More details. Sounds pretty scary. sad

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Please keep his daughter in your thoughts... sad

Wow, that’s awful. Has she had health issues in the past or is this out of the blue?

6 (edited by Informant 2018-05-11 09:47:43)

I'm not sure. I don't use Twitter super often, but I've been checking it more lately. So I'm not familiar with any history here, just what he posted in the past few days.

the silence since the last update is worrisome. hoping for the best.

Indeed. I hope that they're just distracted with laughing and hugging. I had to spend time with my nephew in the NICU once, and it is a horrible experience, even as an uncle. I can't imagine what it feels like for parents.

Terrible news.  Hope she recovers.

I'm nervous.

Informant wrote:

I can't imagine what it feels like for parents.

I don't have to imagine. Take it from me - it sucks.

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Sorry you had to go through that.

RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan wrote:

He retweeted an ad for Bar Rescue (which I didn't realize he was on as a contributor) yesterday.  He might've done it with some down time or it might be required in his contract, but I wouldn't think that he'd be on Twitter, retweeting Bar Rescue, if things were really bad.

So maybe things are better?

He's also on Instagram, and he's been a little bit active. It doesn't seem like there is a major update. Just needing more prayers.

Poor kid.

Slider_Quinn21 wrote:
RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan wrote:

He retweeted an ad for Bar Rescue (which I didn't realize he was on as a contributor) yesterday.  He might've done it with some down time or it might be required in his contract, but I wouldn't think that he'd be on Twitter, retweeting Bar Rescue, if things were really bad.

So maybe things are better?

I just came here to post that! smile

Got to be a good sign.

It's not good. His daughter is suffering quite a lot, and her life is still in danger. There is now a GoFundMe campaign set up to help the family out. Linked below:

https://www.gofundme.com/25f8xjck

Anyone with twitter have any (hopefully good) news to share about this?

This was posted on the GoFundMe page 8 days ago:

The past month has been busy for Indigo. She hasn’t had any strokes or seizures, which is such a blessing. She spends every weekday in therapy, going back and forth between speech, physical and occupational therapies. She is also seeing a therapist to help manage her PTSD, which was caused by the confusion and terror she experienced while hospitalized before and after her brain surgery.

While she is making progress, her speech pathologist has concluded that Indigo developed a speech processing disorder from the strokes. On her good days, she sounds almost as clear as she did before her disease manifested. On her bad days, she can’t put sentences together or pronounce consonant sounds.

Physically, she is getting strong again after having to spend a month on bedrest. She falls more often than she used to because she is still rebuilding her coordination.

Megan and Rob’s hospital bills are starting to come in, and they are worrisomely high already. The total hospital bill for this first surgery is $270,000. Their insurance is refusing to pay for her daily hospital stay and a doctor that they consider to be “out of network.” So far, Megan and Rob owe the hospital $180,000 out of their own money. They have to be in good standing with the medical center before the doctors will schedule Indigo’s second brain surgery.

So many of you have already helped so much. We appreciate all of you. Please share Indigo’s story, and please keep sending her love and prayers.

#indigostrong

It sounds like she is recovering, but it's a long, hard road. When my father had a severe stroke, we were fortunate to be working with a good hospital, which helped us to navigate all of the billing issues that popped up. He also had pretty good insurance when it first happened, so that helped. It's incredibly daunting, and to have it happen to a kid on top of all of that is horrible.

good lord.

Does sound like she's going to be "okay" but as usual U.S. healthcare is an absolute horror story.  I am literally inundated with these fundraisers.  Give hundred's of billions to corporations so they can buy back stocks but nothing for even children's health.

Can we not make this another political thread?

I'm going to respectfully ask Grizzlor to take it to the politics thread. Thank you.