Topic: Jerry O’Connell to host “Real Men Watch Bravo” (New title pending)

https://deadline.com/2018/07/bravo-andy … 202422984/

Each episode will feature O’Connell, alongside a panel of male celebrities, comics and tastemakers, discussing the buzziest Bravo moments and a variety of topics steeped in pop culture.

The description per Bravo: O’Connell “From offering advice to The Real Housewives from every franchise to taking sides on some of the most controversial Bravo feuds, Jerry is truly a walking encyclopedia of Bravo history. Real Men Watch Bravo will offer unprecedented access to the male point of view pertaining to all things Bravo and entertainment. Whether realizing they were a die-hard Vanderpump Rules fan after being introduced to the sizzling series by their girlfriends or learning how to cook the perfect filet from binging Top Chef episodes for hours, these men are unapologetic Bravoholics and hope to encourage others to step out of the shadows and admit what some have known all along…Real Men Watch Bravo.”

Re: Jerry O’Connell to host “Real Men Watch Bravo” (New title pending)

JERRY JERRY JERRY!  Oops, wrong Jerry!

My wife might watch this.

Title to be changed! https://themuse.jezebel.com/bravo-will- … 1827574075

If I was looking down the channel guide and saw “Shooting the Shit with Jerry O’Connell” - well hell, I’ve got to see what *that* show is like.

Shooting the Shit gets my vote

Jerry O'Connell Says Backlash for Show Title Real Men Watch Bravo Was 'Justified'

https://people.com/tv/jerry-oconnell-ad … -backlash/

“I do think it was justified,” O’Connell said of the backlash. “You know, we were trying to make a joke, a play on the words Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, New York, so it was called the aforementioned title.”

“And it doesn’t sound very inclusionary that title,” he continued. “You know, we all have Twitter accounts — and we heard everyone’s voices.”

I was watching the Season 2 finale of THE GOOD PLACE and there's a scene where Kristen Bell's character is drunk and recounts the plot of KANGAROO JACK and mentions Jerry O'Connell for no apparent reason. Possibly the high point of Jerry's career in recent years.

its not like he fell off the face of the earth, he was in crossing jordan, a much bigger hit then sliders was.  he has been in several movies had a couple sitcoms that bombed carpoolers, and we are men. He has somehow became a favorite of the talk show circuit was in consideration for live with kelly.
Being that he was a success with mostly shows on the 90s Im suprosed he has

You are absolutely right. I was being snarky.

ireactions wrote:

I was watching the Season 2 finale of THE GOOD PLACE and there's a scene where Kristen Bell's character is drunk and recounts the plot of KANGAROO JACK and mentions Jerry O'Connell for no apparent reason. Possibly the high point of Jerry's career in recent years.

Weren't they in Veronica Mars together?  That might be the connection.  Unless it came from the writing team.

There's no real rhyme or reason to it; Bell's character is just drunk and spouting nonsense and I thought it would be funny to present a scant mention of Jerry's last lead role in a feature film as his most significant 'appearance' in decades which is not remotely true or fair and merely a reflection of my residual frustration with what he was like 20 years ago and yet another instance of me bearing a grudge against someone with whom I have no actual relationship whatsoever.

ireactions wrote:

There's no real rhyme or reason to it; Bell's character is just drunk and spouting nonsense and I thought it would be funny to present a scant mention of Jerry's last lead role in a feature film as his most significant 'appearance' in decades which is not remotely true or fair and merely a reflection of my residual frustration with what he was like 20 years ago and yet another instance of me bearing a grudge against someone with whom I have no actual relationship whatsoever.

I mean, I think it's not insignificant, too. 

The Good Place has a great, smart audience.  Let Kangaroo Jack grow as a cult film rather than fade away.

I still haven't watched it start to finish though.  Or Joe's Apartment. More of a Mission to Mars type.

I've been watching his new show, Carter.  It's not bad.