1 (edited by RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan 2015-10-21 15:37:43)

Topic: Happy Back to the Future 2 Day!

Back the Future 2 will be in theaters today.

The new blu-ray comes out with 2 hours of additional content.

And the documentary Back in Time premieres on netflix!

Also, check out Aaron Crocco's interview on Geekcast with the author of We Don't Need Roads

http://geekcast.aaroncrocco.com/?p=1520. Aaron has appeared on Sliderscast as a guest host.

Re: Happy Back to the Future 2 Day!

Also a new Back To the Future comic book from IDW debuts today.

Today is HUGE in the fandom of Back To the Future.

I love BACK TO THE FUTURE II. It's my favourite of the three. Which puts me in a distinct minority. :-)

It's been a great day. There have been celebrations from Toyota (because of Marty's truck, and because they're actually working on turning refuse into fuel), Pepsi (who accidentally underestimated public demand for Pepsi Perfect), and Calvin Klein. Universal did fake advertisements for hoverboards and for Jaws 19. (The latter is particularly hilarious.) My FB news feed has been lit up with news stories, commentaries and analyses of the films, observations from friends, comments from people at various marathons, etc.

In short, it's everything that a fan could have possibly wanted. It's as terrific as the 50th anniversary celebration for Doctor Who in 2013. Sliders didn't get its chance this year, but maybe in 2025, the series will finally get its due.

ireactions wrote:

I love BACK TO THE FUTURE II. It's my favourite of the three. Which puts me in a distinct minority. :-)

I love Part II the most, also. It has the most complex time travel story, all the cool things from the "future" (sad I have to put that in quotes now that it's past the day). It also includes some of the best scenes from the first movie as a bonus.

I'm as much of a BTTF fan as I am a Sliders fan (favorite movie and favorite show). I've found that most BTTF fans enjoy Part II most, while most casual fans/moviegoers enjoy the first most.

Back to the Future II is also my favorite.  I have a feeling for people of our age group / generation it is generally favored.

I just love all the crazy, lunatic ideas in BTTF2. Dehydrated pizza. Spinal treatments that involve tethering one's self to the ceiling and walk around. Flying cars. 3D shark movies with no glasses. Dust-repellent paper. Telecommunications systems with video chat and... fax machines. A paradox that may destroy all of existence or may merely be confined to our own galaxy. A dark timeline so horrific it's funny. And then the second half of the film where Marty time travels back into his own original movie and his past self ends up knocking him unconscious by accident.

There's also all the great, loving humour. Marty's 'inconspicuous' costume is a black hat and a leather jacket that makes him stand out in every scene. Doc Brown disguises himself as... himself. The hilarious hoverboard chase.

I find that most of my favourite movies and TV episodes are overstuffed with mad ideas never explored in great detail but used for striking and memorable visual effect and filled with incidental elements that make the landscape oddly plausible despite the plot's exaggerated absurdity and matched with comedic yet earnest characters whom you could lock in a closet together and still find interesting to watch.

I do think the first BTTF is a better film, but BTTF2 is the one I enjoy most.

tom.holste wrote:

It's been a great day. There have been celebrations from Toyota (because of Marty's truck, and because they're actually working on turning refuse into fuel), Pepsi (who accidentally underestimated public demand for Pepsi Perfect), and Calvin Klein. Universal did fake advertisements for hoverboards and for Jaws 19. (The latter is particularly hilarious.) My FB news feed has been lit up with news stories, commentaries and analyses of the films, observations from friends, comments from people at various marathons, etc.

In short, it's everything that a fan could have possibly wanted. It's as terrific as the 50th anniversary celebration for Doctor Who in 2013. Sliders didn't get its chance this year, but maybe in 2025, the series will finally get its due.

What did Calvin Klein do?

Happy 1-year anniversary of BTTF Day!

Great video on mashable about the film and the clocktower scene: http://mashable.com/2016/10/21/art-of-t … locktower/