Re: Star Trek in Film and TV (and The Orville, too!)

If it does get axed, I hope someone (Netflix, Hulu, maybe even something like Disney+) picks it up.  It's too good to lose.

Slider_Quinn21 wrote:

If it does get axed, I hope someone (Netflix, Hulu, maybe even something like Disney+) picks it up.  It's too good to lose.

Yea, I hope so.  I think FOX may have an exclusive with Seth MacFarlane though so not sure what options they'd have or who owns Orville (might be FOX).  Also Fox/Disney own a lot of Hulu, so maybe that'd be an option.

RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan wrote:
Slider_Quinn21 wrote:

Yea, I hope so.  I think FOX may have an exclusive with Seth MacFarlane though so not sure what options they'd have or who owns Orville (might be FOX).  Also Fox/Disney own a lot of Hulu, so maybe that'd be an option.

Seth ironically has almost nothing to do with Family Guy anymore, except the voice acting.  His baby is The Orville.  I'd be shocked if they ax it.

Well, ORVILLE is getting a third season. No episode count as of yet.

Yes!  That's great news.

David Goodman, in an interview, said he felt there had been no consequences for Isaac's betrayal and return in Season 2 and that it'd be a priority for Season 3.

Yeah, I agree.  I feel like that was strange.  They kept talking about the Kaylon, but you're right - they barely even featured Isaac after that.  I wonder if they didn't know where to go with that, or if they didn't want that to take over the whole show.

I wonder if they should've had Isaac sacrifice himself.  The Kaylon could've still been a threat, but they wouldn't have had to deal with the consequences.

I'm betting it's because they had a shorter season than most shows and ran out of time and space to address it. Dan Harmon in his COMMUNITY audio commentaries says that he was always shocked get to the end of Seasons 5 - 6 and realize that he only had 13 episodes and had been so consumed with GI JOE parodies and DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS sequels that he'd forgotten to address Jeff's career as a teacher in Season 5 or tell an Annie-centric story in Season 6.

Awhile ago, I posted about how our world has gone crazy and we desperately need the sliders back. We need Quinn's cool under fire. We need the Professor's wisdom and perspective.

When watching the STAR TREK: PICARD trailer, I realized that while I will always want Professor Arturo to come back, I suppose I could settle for Jean Luc Picard and his diplomacy in the face of savagery, his steadiness when faced with madness, his diligence in response to threat and his ability to find common ground and offer understanding, negotiation and enlightenment that turns enemies into friends and danger into unity and teamwork.

I need the Professor. But I could be alright if our Captain came back.

THE ORVILLE is moving to Hulu! Makes sense. It's an niche product.

Man, the Picard trailer awoke something in me too.  And the inclusion of Seven of Nine was a total shock to me.  I feel like, moreso than Discovery, the Picard people are going to have fun playing in the post-Nemesis sandbox.

I was also shocked to see Brent Spiner, who wanted so desperately to get away from Data in the end.  Although my video buffered a bit at that part so maybe it was a CGI re-creation of Brent Spiner.  He looked otherworldly.

I also agree that Orville to Hulu makes sense.  I'm hoping they can do some fun stuff now that they're streaming-only, and I hope the budget doesn't suffer because of it.