Topic: The Stargate Tweetstorm

Will it get them anywhere?  Doubtful.  But I give them credit for trying.

https://josephmallozzi.com/2019/11/23/s … -new-hope/

Re: The Stargate Tweetstorm

The thing that strikes me is how Mr. Mallozzi joined STARGATE (which I've never seen) in Season 4 and is yet championing it still. Obviously, he'd like another paycheque, but he's also telling the fans that he's a fan too. It seems strange to say this now, but back in the 90s, being a fan of science fiction struck me as something to be embarrassed by, especially when the product of which I was supposedly a fan included material like "The Breeder" and "The Chasm" and "The Great Work." There is something incredibly validating about being told that something of which you're a fan was worthy of your support and investment and was (sometimes) absolutely brilliant.

There's also a push from the Henson Company to bring back Farscape.  And of course at one point Quantum Leap (the creator wrote  a feature script).  And we know there was a Sliders push from the original group. 

Battlestar Galactica made it back in part because Sam Esmail is so respected.

I heard from Rockne O'Bannon in person that he's not done with Farscape.  It had a fairly long run, and similar to X-Files largely wrapped itself up.  Stargate, eh, with all the spinoffs and whatnot, what is there left to do?

The thing with Farscape, I was talking with a friend who watched Farscape through Amazon Prime, apparently the Peacekeeper Wars (the series final episodes) are not part of the package so he just believed it abruptly ended at the end of year 4.  I Remeber it was also a show supported by the early internet in that it had a few episodes online only.  Farscape was a well done scifi show that I never could get into, did not like the camera movement.

Saying that do wonder how many fans are out their that have no idea that it had an ending, I had to find it on dvd for him to see the ending.

If I remember correctly, the Peacekeeper Wars situation is caused by some contractual issues.   I think Universal / SyFy completely funded Peacekeeper Wars, so use of that series has to be negotiated separately from the main series.

A similar thing happened with Firefly.  Fox kept the tv rights and only allowed Universal the right to make feature films.  A stray thought here - Disney owns Firefly now.  Hadn’t thought of that.

Yeah and Disney is employing The main star, and some of the supporting players, wonder if the Streamer would go for another movie durring Summer hiatus of The Rookie, Joss would have to get it together fast, could happen though