1 (edited by BboardArchivist 2014-07-04 00:51:57)

Topic: Community: Welcome to Greendale, you're already accepted!

Re: Community: Welcome to Greendale, you're already accepted!

3 (edited by eber3 2014-07-05 01:45:41)

Never heard of "Yahoo Screen". Hope they don't expect you to pay to watch. Still that's awesome news for the show!

WAAAAAAAAAADDDDDDDEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'M RICH BATMAN!

I just tried poking around the Yahoo Screen website looking for the GHOST GIRLS series and I couldn't find a single episode. Sure hope this won't be an issue when COMMUNITY is showing.

I think that Yahoo is trying to break into the original series market, and Community is their Arrested Development. So I would be surprised if they didn't overhaul the interface to make it as easy to use as possible.

Well, I honestly don't know how they could make it any worse. I can't find a single thing on this stupid site.

I'M RICH BATMAN!

Is Donald Glover going to abandon is (apparently very mediocre) rap career for 13 episodes so we can have Troy and Abed back?

At this point, it seems unlikely we'll be seeing Troy or Professor Hickey for Season 6. But until they start filming, who can say? :-)

Damn.  How much time would 13 episodes really take for Troy to film?

I dunno. From what I read, Donald Glover had some sort of nervous breakdown during Season 4 and needed some time without the insane stress of 16 hour days on a TV show.

Yeah, but then he signed onto another show. I don't know what happened to that.

Looks like Yahoo might pick up Enlisted too. Awesome news.

Yeah, but he's gotta come back for something, right?  There's no way Chevy can come back for a cameo but Donald can't.

Right?

....right...?

Troy's body will wash up on some distant shore in the season premiere. The rest of the group will try to convince the police that LeVar Burton murdered Troy, but nobody will believe them.

I would assume a budget cut would leave you down to the core cast and more lennard to serve as the old guy...but who knows.  The return of prof duncan didnt Add alot.

The replacement for chevy chases character was better.

Abed could at least have reason to join the real world without troy...but you would figure another person would take his place....troy returning for finale 2 episodes may work.

Only 13 who knows if they go back to the fall semester then their will be episodes for Halloween.. Christmas....Thanksgiving...opening....and final

So wont be much else needed to write...return to d and d...cartoon or puppet episode

There won't be a budget cut. Admittedly, Season 4 was clearly a reduced budget from Season 3 and the budget was either the same or lower with Season 5, but Yahoo Screen has committed to at least the Season 5 level of budgeting, so it should look about the same. Still a long way off from the heights of Season 3's special effects, but still.

She's probably the character the show could most-afford to lose.  Now they need Troy back for sure.

What a selfish b----

Sorry. I just wanted to be different.

I think Harmon should just have a recurring gag where every episode somebody asks where Shirley is and the response is she called and said she's too busy with her business and 3 kids to help out.

And then you have an ep or two where she guest stars and everybody is like "Nice to see you made time for us." or something.

Better yet, Shirley and her 3 kids went to rescue Troy and Levar Burton from Pirates with Pierce's hologram.

--Chaser9

I'M RICH BATMAN!

I thought that they could end each episode with a Shirley Skype chat. Just a few seconds of Yvette improvising a scene with someone, or something like that.

The modern day answer to the Suzanne Somers/Three's Company situation.

I'M RICH BATMAN!

I was worried about the show, with so many cast members now gone. Fortunately, it looks pretty good.