Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Cez wrote:

THE LAST EPISODE OF SLIDERS!

You're not going to do a season seven?

62 (edited by Cez 2021-01-20 15:22:13)

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

pilight wrote:
Cez wrote:

THE LAST EPISODE OF SLIDERS!

You're not going to do a season seven?

No, this is the end smile This was my goal from the beginning - to end this show with good (I hope) ending for all main 8 characters. Please read the last episode (summary AND description!) and you will know why this is the end for me wink Of course there is possibility to make a continuation for alternate group of Sliders (I left "open gate"), so maybe one day... wink Or someone else will do it.

For me this is the end of the story, but soon we will post more photos of Brick Sliders in our social media, so you can follow us here:

https://twitter.com/SlidersPL
https://www.facebook.com/SlidersPL
https://www.instagram.com/sliderspl/

So, what do you think about ending for all 8 characters? wink

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

January 20, 2021 will be a significant day in American history. It's the day LEGO SLIDERS SEASON 6 released its finale!

I haven't been a huge fan of the SLIDERS comic books, but when Cez shifted to original stories, SEASON 6 really notched up, in my opinion. The finale is a great success: it presents the original sliders and the alternative sliders side by side and gives closure to one set and a continuing adventure for the other.

The only real criticisms I'd have of SEASON 6 are for the parts that Cez didn't write. The comics were a peculiar product borne of writers and artists who weren't sufficiently familiar with the series, who prioritized the comic so indifferently that they often didn't finish drawing their pages. Regardless, the comics were used, and while I disagree with that, Cez' original work makes clever use of plot points from "Darkest Hour: Ticking Clock" in order to set up a path for the original sliders to get home -- while also offering a path for the alternative sliders.

The echoes of "The Exodus" are an effective mirror, using that ghastly SLIDERS episode for an emotional SLIDERS finale. Cez has a real gift for taking some of the worst points of the SLIDERS mythos and reversing their effect. The flat emptiness of "The Exodus" is reworked into an uplifting moment of peace as well as grief, and it creates a strong thematic link with "Slide Effects" also recreating moments of the past (intentionally or not). The epic widescreen action format is effective in trouncing the Kromaggs and Zercurvians and the more intimate moments with Arturo and his double confronting each other also work well, especially in the Lego format. The Lego does a stirring job of presenting Arturo-2's scenes with his double and the final image is truly victorious, triumphant and uplifting.

It's a good ending for a series that embraces both the original and alternative sliders and the use of the Golden Gate Bridge at the end is stirring, iconic and powerful. It's a lovely choice to get the original sliders home while the alternative sliders still search, leaving the series both at a peaceful end and with the adventure continuing.

64

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Thank you ireactions for your review! smile I'm honoured that the author of Slide Effects and Sliders Reborn likes my vision of the ending! smile

I wanted to make sure that original Sliders come back to Earth Prime, to real Earth Prime smile This is why the comics fit to my idea perfectly, because they introduced the returning to Earth Prime. This is why the last scene is so short. I didn't want Sliders to meet with their families etc - because it all happened in previous episode "Ticking Clock". In the last scene of "Convergence" there is only a smile which says that yes, they are finally home and they are safe, nobody tracks them. Also Arturo's illness from comic "Deadly Secrets" fits and Zercurvian race also fits as a race that is more powerful than Kromaggs, so while two dogs are fighting for a bone, a third runs away with it. We didn't see "on screen" the destruction of the two Zercurvian ships (I assume they were completly destroyed and the race died), but what if they survived? Would they hunt now not humans but Kromaggs? wink

In Season 6 finale I wanted to create a closure not only for most of the cliffhangers from the show, but also for comics. For example the comics never explained if Zercurvians are dead or not. In my story Logan rescued them but then they killed her. It was established in the comics that the leader of Zercurvians kills every Mallory he meets, so it fits also to Logan wink Sorry Logan xD

Yes, I intentionally made a mirror-scene based on Exodus, where the death of Professor was for me so pointless, so hurting... We didn't know in that moment that it could be fake Professor. It was heartbreaking. In "Convergence" I wanted to use a motive from "Final Destination" hehe wink where death is unstoppable. So another fake Arturo has to die, but before he died he returned home, he confessed, he said sorry and Sliders forgave him.

In my opinion after my Season 6 two sequels are possible wink

1) a story about alternate Sliders. It could take place even now, 21 years after the end wink Maybe alternate Quinn, Wade, Remmy and Arturo are still searching their Earth Prime, hmm?

2) a story about Diana's scientific-military teams with a new, younger cast. I can see this as a spin-off of Sliders in a "StarGate SG-1" formula, where in every episode the team discovers a new world. But every time they easly come back to home. This is why I always prefered Sliders than StarGate, because in Sliders the heroes can't control the travel. It's more interesting for me.

So why I've based most of the episodes on comic books? I can remember that I came up with this idea here, on this forum big_smile In 2016 after I've read Slide Effects I've asked some quastions and I've written this >> "we can assume that after Slide Effects take place Sliders official comics with original cast and the timer" http://sliders.tv/bboard/viewtopic.php?pid=2431#p2431 I fell in love in Slide Effects so much and I liked the idea to place the official comics right after this fanfic, but I still needed the conclusion, the answers, so I've written it as a two-part finale.

And why I wanted the conclusion so much? Here is the story of my life xD

When I was a kid in 90s I loved Sliders so much and in 2004 I've created the first and only Polish website about Sliders. For example there are summaries of all 88 episodes, for example the Pilot >> http://www.sliders.pl/summary1.php Since the beginning I knew I wanted to make season 6 in the form of fan fiction. I even asked Alexslider from German website Sliders Dimension to make for me intro for season 6, which is on my channell and it's quite popular >> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjB2m5IePrA

I knew that in my season 6 all 8 Sliders has to be included. My initial vision of season 6 has changed completly when I've read Slide Effects! smile But as you know there are things that I wanted to conclude. I wanted to show what happened to alternate 8 Sliders. In March 2020 there was 25th anniversary of Sliders. After so many years I've decided - now or never. I wanted to do season 6 since 2004 so I had to do it now. In spring I've started to think about it. I've decided that Slide Effect will be a pilot of my season 6. I also knew how I wanted to end this season, how two last episodes would look like. Then I was wondering what about rest? It was also the time when I was buying some stuff to my Sliders collection. It was then when I've bought on Ebay all Sliders comics. I've read them many years ago thanks to PDF but now I have them on paper.

When I've re-read them I thought that these adventures with original four Sliders, with original timer, fit perfectly to the soft reboot described in Slide Effects. Yes, I wanted to include in my story all 8 Sliders but I was sure that most of fans want to see new episodes with original four. In the same time I knew that Maggie, Colin, Mallory and Diana have to appear in that season somehow. And they did. This is a compromise I think - people are happy that most of the episodes is about original 4, but there is also small space for conclusion for additional 4 Sliders and conclusion of the cliffhanger from "The Seer".

So why comics? Because I like the idea "new episode, new world" and I think it's a great opportunity to add these adventures from comics to the timeline. I know that comics take place in parallel to season 1 and 2, but hey - why not to place it after Season 5? wink The last reason why comics is just practical. I wanted to post my episodes in the same form as my summaries of 88 episodes of Sliders. Every time I've posted a summary there were miniature photos from this episode. So I've asked myself - what photos will I use if I create my own stories? Yes, I've used some photos from original episodes when I've posted my interpretation of Slide Effects, but would it work for all 13 episodes? Probably I would have some problems to find good scenes from original show. So I decided that I will use drawings from comics instead! big_smile Of course I needed to use scenes from original show again when I posted two-part finale, because it's not based on comics anymore.

So I've written Polish texts during summer 2020. Then on September I needed someone who would translate it for me into English. I've asked Agata, who I know only online from my fanpage on Facebook. She agreed and also as a Lego fan she asked me if she could illustrate season 6 using Lego figures big_smile Of course I've agreed! big_smile I think that if she hasn't added Lego to this project, it woldn't be so popular.

About the last scene with the Golden Gate Bridge. It was very personal and sentimental for me! smile I will write soon more why I've chosen this place for a final scene smile

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

I agree: using "Darkest Hour: Ticking Clock" allowed you to bypass the need for a more extensive homecoming. They already made it home in a previous story and knew they were home, now they get to go back and stay. It's an effective choice and a good use of an otherwise very odd story in SLIDERS canon, to put it mildly.

This is something a lot of SLIDERS writers do -- including myself. We want Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt and Arturo back. But we are also inclined to make use of the SLIDERS mythos despite its positively diseased state in Seasons 3 - 5. We want to turn an incoherent mess of haphazard incompetence into a meaningful tapestry. I get the sense you actually liked the comic books, however, and did not hold them in any disregard at all.

I definitely did that in my own SLIDERS writing to a degree -- which is to say that when I needed a lady scientist, it was wasteful to use anyone other than Diana Davis. When I needed a gunslinging action girl, I brought in Maggie. When I needed Quinn to confide in a hallucinatory friend, I chose Mallory. When I needed a monotone voice for an artificial intelligence, it was Colin's voice. When in an unwritten Part 7, I needed some technology to instantly heal someone of a genetic dysfunction, I used the nanites from "New Gods For Old." The finale for SLIDERS REBORN features the dinosaur, the super-intelligent snakes, the breeder parasites, the fat craving zombies, the animal-human hybrids, the underground predators, the scarab, the giant worm, the remote controlled cars that shoot lasers, the dragon and the magic sword and the Dream Masters.

Transmodiar pointed out how odd this was and this is common among all SLIDERS writers. Despite preferring the first two seasons of SLIDERS, despite seeking to remove the third, fourth and fifth seasons, SLIDERS writers seem to invariably gravitate towards incorporating Maggie, Colin, Mallory and Diana. Why?

My thinking is that when we resurrect Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt and Arturo, we are engaged in a revolutionary act of optimism. We are declaring that our worst moments don't have to define us. That the most traumatic events in our lives are not our lives as a whole. That whatever we've lost can be found again, that what is destroyed can be rebuilt, that the people we care about can find a way to return and that the sliders will always come back.

It is a fundamentally forgiving perspective on SLIDERS and this gentle redemption seems selfish and selective if restricted solely to Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt and Arturo. Despite the fact that Maggie, Colin, Mallory and Diana weren't part of the original sliders, to exclude them is ultimately not a very SLIDERS-esque attitude because SLIDERS is not an exclusive series where privilege and position are restricted only to the chosen elite. SLIDERS is about a computer repair technician, a salesgirl, a washed up musician who specializes in a dated musical form and a genius professor who never received the recognition he deserved. SLIDERS is an inherently welcoming show that will, in its truest self, welcome both the original and the alternative characters back into the story.

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

can't wait to check this out!

67

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan wrote:

can't wait to check this out!

Please check this out, read the summary and the description of the last two episodes and please let me know what do you think about this very end smile

68

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Today I've posted a video - my vision how the last scene of the show could look like smile

You can find it here >> THE ENDING https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5AVU2Gj-U

http://www.sliders.pl/gfx/odcinki/season6/ep13_07.jpg

So why I've chosen the Golden Gate Bridge as the background of the last scene? I've said it was personal - it's because the photo I've used is mine, I've taken this photo in 2015! I was there! smile (I've made the bridge a little more red, because on my photo it was too greyish).

I know that probably for people from America to be in San Francisco isn't a big deal. For me it is wink I live in Poland, in Cental Europe and I was born when communism era was ending. During my childhood I've heard many times about American Dream, but USA was absolutly unachievable  for me. Then in 2015 I was invited by Microsoft and Square Enix for E3 in Los Angeles - a big event about video games. I'm the admin of the biggest and the oldest Tomb Raider fansite in Poland www.LaraCroft.pl and this is how I was invited. Then I had to go to US Embassy in Warsaw for my visa - yeah Poles had to have a visa to go to USA in that time...

So when I've spent one week in Los Angeles I knew I had to go to Universal Studios to see some Sliders sets! And I did! xD Then I visited Santa Monica - there is a pier where "Dream Masters" were filmed. And finally I went to San Francisco just for one day to visit The Golden Gate Bridge! smile It was iconic for me and the symbol of Sliders so I had to visit it. When I was there I imagined that this was a place where Sliders could be many years ago (yeah, I know that San Francisco was played by Vancouver, but nevermind xD ) So the photo you can see was taken by me over 5 years ago. I love the thought that the place where I was standing could be the place of the final slide smile

So for me, for person from former communist country, it was a big deal. And after California I also spent one week in New York <3 My dreams came true back then. I have a plan to come back to America in the future, but the most important things for me I've already seen smile

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Well. I love the 2017 TOMB RAIDER movie. I've never finished one of the games, but I was really impressed with Alicia Vikander's abdominal muscles and boxer's bearing and hyperferocity in combat. It's cool that your love of the games got you a trip to Los Angeles!

I think it's really cool that you put your real life into your story. I think that's something SLIDERS writers are compelled to do; we want to bring the sliders into our world because on some level, they have the technology to come here and on a more intimate and personal level, the sliders are our friends. We travelled with them on a frightening and enlightening journey. We connected with them through grief and joy. We care about them and want to see Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt and Arturo stick together through thick and thin no matter what's happening on camera or behind it (thanks, Annie Fish).

I really relate to this. When writing SLIDERS REBORN, I was developing my relationship with my niece Lauren and wondered how Quinn Mallory at age 44 (which he would be in 2015) would handle dealing with a loudmouthed, strident, bold teenaged girl with the volatility of a firecracker and a mean right hook. And I gave Quinn a teenaged daughter. The sliders are our friends; we want to see their milestones. We want to see them grow and bond and connect and move forward and know that they'll be okay. We want to know that it's not that embarrassing for us to get punched off our chairs by a teenaged girl when we say the wrong thing because Quinn Mallory's daughter can also knock him on his ass with an angry fist.

Sliders.

70

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

LOL, Agata, Brick Lady, has made me a surprise - she created Brick version of me big_smile

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EswqmARWMAAACVq?format=jpg&amp;name=4096x4096

About Tomb Raider - the last movie from 2018 was good, but I prefer Angelina Jolie as Lara Croft wink I prefer classic Lara than this rebooted Lara. You should try the games! smile

Your two last paragraphs - interesting theory! I agree! smile

71 (edited by Cez 2021-01-29 13:25:10)

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

So today I’m starting the contest related to the virtual Season 6 in which you can win t-shirts! smile You just need to read my episodes and then answer two simple questions! I have included the contest rules in the attached graphic.

The virtual Season 6 >> >> www.sliders.pl/season6.php

Send the answers and your name to the e-mail sliders@tcz.pl, write “Sliders Contest” as a subject. In the e-mail please also share your opinion about my virtual season, especially about the ending. Please also like my social media smile

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es67GzFWMAAc9AR?format=jpg&amp;name=largehttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/Es67IYrXYAAGRbD?format=jpg&amp;name=900x900

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Pretty exciting! :-)

I ran a SLIDERS contest once in a fit of enthusiasm. It was on March 21, 2015 -- 24 hours to the 20th anniversary. The four page screenplay to Part 1 was done. But Part 2 -- it still wasn't ready and I needed to go through it and rewrite all the dialogue to better capture the actor's voices. Except as I was about to do this final pass, this ridiculously loud party began blasting music through my floors. I called the building super, the police and the army, but as they were busy with real emergencies, I was forced to leave my home and rent a hotel room and lock myself in with my laptop and just hammer away at the script.

As I was typing, it occurred to me that I had a lot of miscellaneous characters -- Rembrandt's Accountant, Teacher #4, Cop #2, Librarian #1, Book Store Customer #6 -- and I should make all of these characters doubles of guest stars from the original show. I proceeded to, in a burst of lunacy, decide to hold a contest. Anyone who could identify all of these returning guest-stars in SLIDERS REBORN's debut scripts would receive a DVD box set of SLIDERS. My zero dollar project was now $180 overbudget.

Nobody won. Nobody won because nobody could identify Rembrandt's accountant, a distinguished older gentleman named Marc with an English accent. (It's the Seer as played by Roy Dotrice.) People could easily pick out The Ranger and The Poacher from "In Dino Veritas," Amy from "The Chasm," Ms. Hanley from "The Guardian," Sheilah Brice from "Slide Like an Egyptian" and "Heavy Metal," Arlo from "Please Press One" -- probably because of search engines and IMDB because where characters didn't have first or last names, I gave them the names of their actors (Alessandra Petlin who played The Ranger in "Dino" received her actress' name, Mark Sheppard's Jack from "Net Worth" was named Jack Sheppard, "El Sid"'s Sid played by Jeffrey Dean Morgan became Sid Morgan, Garry Chalk's Lieutenant Graves from "Time and Again World" became Garry Graves). Slider_Quinn21 told me that he could feel my joy leap off the page when he read the words, "It's Pavel! From the Pilot! And a few other episodes!"

Anyway. I owe SLIDERS fans a DVD box set and I'm happy to see to it that Cez's Season 6 will let me provide one at last.

73

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

ireactions wrote:

Anyway. I owe SLIDERS fans a DVD box set and I'm happy to see to it that Cez's Season 6 will let me provide one at last.

Yes, thank you so much! smile After the first contest ends, we will make the second one in the second half of February smile

74

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

I'm so happy because one of the largest pop culture portals in Poland, naEKRANIE.pl, has just written about Agata's and my project of the virtual Season 6 of Sliders <3

https://naekranie.pl/aktualnosci/slider … 1612174256

75

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Only 2 days left till the end of the contest! I wait for your answers only on Monday and Tuesday. Please send them to sliders@tcz.pl smile

You have a chance to win a t-shirt! The rules >> http://sliders.tv/bboard/viewtopic.php?pid=11059#p11059

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Etj-joPXUAM_BuQ?format=jpg&amp;name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EtuK3LlXAAcJ4rT?format=jpg&amp;name=large

76

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

ATTENTION! I'm extending the contest to Monday 15th February, because I’ve got no correct answer from international fans. You can still win a second Sliders t-shirt! smile The first t-shirt has just been won by a Sliders fan from Poland, who scored 24 points - congratulations! smile

Once again, I remind you the rules of the competition! Send e-mail with an answer to sliders@tcz.pl.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et4T6wZXYAMtTZX?format=jpg&amp;name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Et4T8uUWQAghwjr?format=jpg&amp;name=900x900

77

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

In the virtual Season 6 Quinn and Wade are a romantic couple smile

You still have a chance to win a Sliders t-shirt in the contest which ends on Monday. To this moment I haven't got any correct answer, so you still have a chance to win a t-shirt. Just send e-mail with answers to my address sliders@tcz.pl. Good luck!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EuNDSZ2XcAIRTzt?format=jpg&amp;name=large

78

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Sabrina Lloyd has answered my question on her Instastories! <3 smile She likes Brick Sliders! smile There were also other questions asked by other Sliders fans smile

The virtual Season 6 >> >> www.sliders.pl/season6.php

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvAf-JwXAAEV0XH?format=jpg&amp;name=4096x4096

79

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

I present you the alternate, brick ending of the Virtual Season 6! smile Do you remember that I didn’t explain what happened to alternate four original Sliders? wink “Oh no…!”

WATCH the new ending smile >> www.facebook.com/SlidersPL/posts/2556016391367599

Here you can watch the original ending >> www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5AVU2Gj-U

and here you can read the original ending >>  www.sliders.pl/summary6_13_en.php

Video made by @BrickLadyAgata

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvVvKYyXMAwaNeu?format=jpg&amp;name=large

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Cez wrote:

Sabrina Lloyd has answered my question on her Instastories! <3 smile She likes Brick Sliders! smile There were also other questions asked by other Sliders fans smile

The virtual Season 6 >> >> www.sliders.pl/season6.php

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvAf-JwXAAEV0XH?format=jpg&amp;name=4096x4096

i love it!

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Cez wrote:

I present you the alternate, brick ending of the Virtual Season 6! smile Do you remember that I didn’t explain what happened to alternate four original Sliders? wink “Oh no…!”

WATCH the new ending smile >> www.facebook.com/SlidersPL/posts/2556016391367599

Here you can watch the original ending >> www.youtube.com/watch?v=LI5AVU2Gj-U

and here you can read the original ending >>  www.sliders.pl/summary6_13_en.php

Video made by @BrickLadyAgata


https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EvVvKYyXMAwaNeu?format=jpg&amp;name=large

how great.  looking forward to checking it out.

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

I really like this! The original ending strikes me as the one to use. It used the previous story, "Ticking Clock," to have the sliders already having made it home only to leave again. As a result, the series finale could do a short and sweet homecoming where the sliders make it back and are there to stay this time. The presence of the alternative sliders, in my view, clutter the clean, simple clarity of the original, so I'm glad the original was the one that was used.

Having the sliders get home was always a narrative hurdle. The original series faced it with "Post Traumatic Slide Syndrome," daring to ask what would happen after the sliders got home while acknowledging that so long as the series continued, this could never be allowed as that would end the show. "Genesis" attempted to move the goalposts with an alien invasion. SLIDERS REBORN devotes six screenplays to what happens after getting home and creates a San Francisco that's an interdimensional hub so that the sliders remain sliders even after getting home. But Cez identified a solution that is deft, clever, effective and simple -- and Quinn Mallory would be proud of that kind of problem solving.

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

On another note...

Cez and I recently had a chat and he has elected to not go forward with the DVD box set contest? Why? He barely got any responses to the T-shirt contest.

I'm sorry to see that. It is likely that the people who enjoyed the Lego and shared the posts did not necessarily read the stories; they just liked the way the Lego illustrated the stories even if they didn't have any context for the scenes -- but it's thanks to Cez that there was something to illustrate and it's his creative direction that sets the parameters for the visuals.

But regardless, LEGO SLIDERS is a success. It's a success because the actors who were in the show enjoyed and supported this fan project, it made a wonderful social media splash, it created some delightful imagery in the format of Lego, and Cez and Agata have accomplished something wonderful -- something I myself could not do. My material had a much smaller audience than LEGO SLIDERS; to date, I only know of 25 people who actually read SLIDERS REBORN.

It doesn't really matter, though. What really matters with this sort of project is producing and completing it. We don't write SLIDERS stories for fame or notoriety or popularity. We write them because Quinn, Wade, Rembrandt and Arturo are our friends and we want them to get home and Cez gave the sliders a good closing adventure and a happy ending. However many people read the content, however many participated in a contest around that content -- it doesn't matter. What matters is that the content was created that it exists and that it is available.

My only regret is to not give a DVD set to this contest. I made the offer because in many ways, LEGO SLIDERS and SLIDERS REBORN are competitors. And in many ways, LEGO SLIDERS' has dwarfed SLIDERS REBORN. But in recent years, I have made a decision to never be threatened by other people's achievements, but to instead champion and celebrate them, to be inspired by them, and to let their successes show me how to overcome my own shortcomings.

I made this decision when observing that Temporal Flux's SLIDERS DECLASSIFIED was a better SLIDERS story than any I could ever write myself -- and helped him convert it from the comic book plot format into the screenplay format. I made that decision again when I observed that LEGO SLIDERS was getting acclaim from Jerry O'Connell and John Rhys-Davies and offered Cez an additional contest prize.

And out of appreciation for LEGO SLIDERS' success, I am going to give Cez and Agata each a special SLIDERS gift that I won't describe here, but I think they'll be happy with it and I hope they will see that it is to acknowledge their extraordinary contributions to SLIDERS.

Congratulations. You should both be very proud.

84 (edited by ireactions 2021-03-09 09:44:10)

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

I've been consistently impressed with LEGO SLIDERS and fascinated by its success and the way it's been such a winner with the actors. I've marvelled to Cez in private about how incredible the response has been and congratulated him on the astonishing feedback.  Cez and Agata tapped into something with LEGO SLIDERS -- and I've been trying to better understand it by re-reading all the episode summaries and reviewing all the photos and going over Cez and Agata's social media feeds and listening to the Sliders.PL radio interview in Polish with Cez and Agata.

https://www.radiotczew.pl/wiadomosci/46 … w-VhprvBQY

I don't speak Polish, but even so, listening to 34 minutes of Cez and Agata's passion and enthusiasm was a delight -- and now, I think I know why LEGO SLIDERS was so successful.

I think LEGO SLIDERS reverberates with love for the show and the actors due to the intricate detail of the figurines. When John Rhys-Davies saw his own visage in Lego, he felt touched and moved that somebody would recreate his likeness in Lego and give his Lego avatar new adventures and new travels and new life and a happy ending. When Jerry O'Connell and Kari Wuhrer saw themselves in Lego, they felt appreciated in seeing how someone would care so much about them and their work to pay tribute to them in such a playful and delicately loving way. When people feel loved and validated, they respond.

Cez had another (another) video request for me at one point; he asked if I could get him the Season 3 credits with the Season 4 music for a total of 10 SLIDERS opening titles. I had to trim a few seconds of the S3 credits at the start to get the sync right, but yes. https://mega.nz/folder/1MshGIpQ#7HRWwPDyATQpLT33sqK-EQ

It did take 4 - 5 minutes of thought and care in Adobe Premiere. It's not as amazing an achievement as writing fanfic that got the attention and approval of the actors. If Torme's revival bid doesn't work out, maybe Cez and Agata could someday lead a LEGO SLIDERS animated film and hire Temporal Flux to write it.

85 (edited by Cez 2021-03-09 10:34:11)

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Thank you again for these words smile It really must have been interesting to listen to Polish voices xDDD

I'm so happy that last summer, after I finished writing these summaries in Polish, I decided that they had to be translated into English. It was then when I've asked for help Agata and then she asked me what if she could illustrate my Virtual Season 6 with photos of Brick Sliders smile

ireactions, please remember that the core of the Virtual Season 6 is your script of Slide Effects smile Many years ago I was so impressed by it so I decided that I need to write a sequel. So I think the success of the Virtual Season 6 is the success not only Agata's or mine, but also yours! smile

Btw, I can compare the Virtual Season 6 to bricks hehe smile I've used many existing things like Slide Effects, like comic books and also popular fan theories about Kromaggs or Quinn's parents. I've used these things as bricks, then using them I've built the complete, ultimate Season 6 and at the end of it I've added my ending which combined everything together.

My project wouldn't exist if not a creative work of other people who did other projects before me smile

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

It's nice of you to say that, but I am sure that if I hadn't converted the "Slide Effects" story into a script, you would have still gotten the story out of the Torme interview in which he gave the plot.

I couldn't understand the specific words you and Agata were saying in your separate interviews, but love is a language unto itself and a love for SLIDERS even moreso.

Thank you.

87

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Happy 26th Anniversary! smile On 22nd March 1995 The Pilot of Sliders was broadcasted for the first time! And it was then when all four Sliders first time travelled to a parallel world – to the Frozen World smile

Sliders.PL team is happy to announce that we will continue posting photos of Brick Sliders smile There won’t be Season 7, but we are going to illustrate episodes of Seasons 1-5 with Bricks, the same as we did with the Virtual Season 6! smile

We will post new photos made by Agata from time to time. Today please enjoy the Frozen World!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ExGJEsiXAAAdGAP?format=jpg&amp;name=large

Social media:

https://twitter.com/SlidersPL
https://www.facebook.com/SlidersPL
https://www.instagram.com/sliderspl

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Very cool Cez.  And very clever!

89 (edited by Brick Lady Agata 2021-10-08 14:26:53)

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Hi everyone,
the fan fic season 6 - written by "cez" and presented on platform Sliders.pl - gave an ultimate ending to the series.
However the fun is not over yet! I've created a LEGO set called "Sliders - the Brick Dimension" on LEGO Ideas that is now active for a contest.  The contest runs worldwide and these are your votes that can bring back Sliders ...  to your home. Maybe even to  your desk! We already got support from some of the series' creators, so now is your turn to check it out and vote:

https://bit.ly/3a7Vmuj


Also any comments and suggestions are very welcome!!
Thank you in advance for your support.https://ideascdn.lego.com/media/generate/lego_ci/a6aae80d-9283-4cf9-8fcf-6f877b868ad4/resize:950:633/webp?fbclid=IwAR3Np6ZmYak0zBsFRw5SE2NAA3qWsGmO9IOZYGq-uLkJ0b7X1qEEFzw5h8o

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Brick Lady Agata wrote:

Hi everyone,
the fan fic season 6 - written by "cez" and presented on platform Sliders.pl - gave an ultimate ending to the series.
However the fun is not over yet! I've created a LEGO set called "Sliders - the Brick Dimension" on LEGO Ideas that is now active for a contest.  The contest runs worldwide and these are your votes that can bring back Sliders ...  to your home. Maybe even to  your desk! We already got support from some of the series' creators, so now is your turn to check it out and vote:

https://bit.ly/3a7Vmuj


Also any comments and suggestions are very welcome!!
Thank you in advance for your support.https://ideascdn.lego.com/media/generate/lego_ci/a6aae80d-9283-4cf9-8fcf-6f877b868ad4/resize:950:633/webp?fbclid=IwAR3Np6ZmYak0zBsFRw5SE2NAA3qWsGmO9IOZYGq-uLkJ0b7X1qEEFzw5h8o


I love this!  Voted of course!

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Voted also.

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Thank you @ireactions and @RussianCabbie_Lotteryfa so much for your support! I am working on an update of the set as we speak. I will keep you posted.

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

This looks so good! You guys did a great job. If I had money to blow, I'd be spending it on this, but sadly I don't haha

94 (edited by Cez 2021-10-17 04:43:24)

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Thank you for your votes smile Please ask your friends if they could help us to get more votes smile

Thank you Agata for this wonderful project smile These 4 worlds are so detailed. When I see them I can feel your passion and love for this amazing TV show smile

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Dear Sliders Family,

I present you THE VORTEX! New portable piece of the Brick Sliders LEGO set that can be used in any part of the set to recreate the scenes from the episodes. Check it out and please vote on: http://bit.ly/3a7Vmuj

https://i.ibb.co/fDkm4FW/vortex-sliders-for-promo.png
minecraft hostowanie serwera

Re: The Virtual Season 6 by Sliders.PL and the Brick Sliders by Brick Lady

Tucker wrote:

This looks so good! You guys did a great job. If I had money to blow, I'd be spending it on this, but sadly I don't haha

Thank you for your recognition!
Don't worry, at this stage we only need votes. As many as possible. Only after we reached 10K, LEGO would consider launching the set on the market. So please support us with your vote and spread the word to other fans.