Topic: Talked to Netflix about the missing episodes

So as most of you know (at least the ones that are re-watching Sliders on Netflix), "Last Days" and "The Weaker Sex" are missing. I decided to talk to someone in customer service. This is what she said:

"Yep you are totally right, those episodes are missing from the Season 1! I have checked the official list and they are not in the catalog, I really appreciate you have reached us about this, I will report this to my team right away so they can look it up and add the missing ones as soon as possible"

Hopefully she's not just blowing smoke and we can finally get the complete series on there. 

~SliderNum5

Re: Talked to Netflix about the missing episodes

That's pretty awesome customer service if that gets done.

Unbelieveable. And here all this time we thought it was due to copyrighted lyrics. While you were at it you should of suggested they arrange them in production order.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

I contacted them about missing Doctor Who episodes once. The episodes did eventually show up. I also contacted them about missing on-screen text on X-Files episodes, and that was fixed too.

But I suspect that Universal holds some episodes of their TV shows, to make people want the DVDs. Quantum Leap also has episodes missing from Netflix.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

SliderNum5 wrote:

So as most of you know (at least the ones that are re-watching Sliders on Netflix), "Last Days" and "The Weaker Sex" are missing. I decided to talk to someone in customer service. This is what she said:

"Yep you are totally right, those episodes are missing from the Season 1! I have checked the official list and they are not in the catalog, I really appreciate you have reached us about this, I will report this to my team right away so they can look it up and add the missing ones as soon as possible"

Hopefully she's not just blowing smoke and we can finally get the complete series on there. 

~SliderNum5

nice job!

It would be interesting if they're missing only due to some overlooked error that no ones ever pointed out. I remember those episodes used to be grayed out but in recent times they're simple not there at all.

I have all the DVDs and only watch them on Netflix if it's on a whim and don't want to get up to put a DVD in. More often I'd like to admit actually lol

Maybe it's just me -- but I fail to see how missing episodes on Hulu and Netflix could truly prevent any of us from watching them anyway. I mean, we're SLIDERS fans, for God's sake. We may as well have invented the Internet when it comes to TV shows.

(I'm using various qualifiers in case Temporal Flux sweeps in and has exact and precise information that makes me wrong.)

ireactions wrote:

Maybe it's just me -- but I fail to see how missing episodes on Hulu and Netflix could truly prevent any of us from watching them anyway. I mean, we're SLIDERS fans, for God's sake. We may as well have invented the Internet when it comes to TV shows.

(I'm using various qualifiers in case Temporal Flux sweeps in and has exact and precise information that makes me wrong.)

I completely agree. If you've found this page, you GOT to have them all on DVD (and if not all, definitely the first few seasons - which is where these episodes fall)!

Let's see, reason one, traveling and Netflix fills the need to not carry discs. Reason two, they are packed in a box in storage, because you are inbetween dwellings. Reason three, housesitting and bored, so again you turn to Netflix. Reason four, you are at a friend's house and they look at you strange and ask what is a Slider, and you go to Netflix to introduce them to a great show. I could continue, but won't.

On BTW Netflix is great to introduce friends and family to all kinds of shows, Doctor Who, Walking Dead, Flash, Arrow, Shield, FireFly, etc. I was just recommending Sliders to a group of writers at GenCon, who didn't know there had been a dimension traveling adventure show. Hopefully, I created more Sliders fans. If nothing else I gave them a good place for researching that subject.

Jess

Still VHS copies in my case....

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

But if that grid goes down...

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

Good point, Jessie. Hope the Netflix campaign works out!

Netflix has been great about fixing things in the past on other shows if they get a few calls. I had them fix a show called Highlander got it back on there a couple times. I'm going to call them about the episodes also to try to help out. I know I'm new here first response sorry if it's rude of me. Having the show on Netflix helps people like me I move a lot often living out of hotels every 2 years. I watch Netflix and my 13 year old son is a new sliders fan. I was fan from the start mostly first seasons anyway. The other posts are correct lots of people have crazy activity lives where they can't keep a lot of things with them.

Really, Sliders on Netflix looks horrible compared to the DVDs. The only bonus Sliders on Netflix has is it's convenience and it looks like they've done some lighting adjustment to the video.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

Netflix does introduce the show to the younger generation, being that its not syndicated anymore, we should do whatever we can to get all the episodeson

Those 2 episodes are still missing, out of curiosity I looked yesterday.