Topic: Sliders filming locations in Los Angeles ?

Hi all,

Just wondering if you know of a site or know where Sliders was filmed when it was in Los Angeles ? I am going to LA in june to attend E3 Expo and I wanted if I could visit some of those sites....

Just wondering...

Re: Sliders filming locations in Los Angeles ?

I started a map a long time ago that you're welcome to reference:

https://www.google.com/maps/@34.1215702 … wbPiJyqSjs

They're kind of spread out, unfortunately. I know more now, but time to update this map is one thing I don't have.

Hope this helps! E3 will be right next to Union Station, at least.

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Re: Sliders filming locations in Los Angeles ?

sheridan220 wrote:

Hi all,

Just wondering if you know of a site or know where Sliders was filmed when it was in Los Angeles ? I am going to LA in june to attend E3 Expo and I wanted if I could visit some of those sites....

Just wondering...

You would burn most of a day doing it and it probably costs more than most would like to spend (especially with the small amount of time you spend on the backlot); but the main source of locations is available through the VIP walking tour of the Universal Studios back lot.

https://m.universalstudioshollywood.com … -overview/

I went a few years ago, and I really enjoyed it even though over half your time will be spent also getting front line access to the theme park rides and attractions.  Walking those streets where the Chandler facade used to be gave a lot of perspective, though.  That facade (rebuilt after the back lot fire) does not look like the Chandler any longer, but it’s located on a street beside the Back to the Future clock tower building.

During the tour, you walk in front of the clock tower building into a small alley (where several of the season four promo photos were taken), and the old Chandler was located directly in front of you on the right corner as you walk out of the alley.  Strangely enough, they built a new facade that looks like an updated version of the Chandler, but it’s on the corner to your left as you walk out that alley.  It’s almost like someone got the blueprints backwards.

The other thing I found interesting was the tour guide information on other projects that have filmed on that street since Sliders wrapped for the last time.  In Captain America: The First Avenger, Chris Evans is running down the Chandler street when chasing the Hydra agent that disrupted the procedure that transformed Steve Rogers into a super soldier.  The Chandler street was used in the Amazing Spider-man when Andrew Garfield found Uncle Ben shot.  Also at the end of the street starts a cobble stone section that was used in the first Pirates of the Carribean film where Sparrow has his sword fight with Will Turner (some of the same areas used in Sliders episodes like season five’s “Heavy Metal”).

Another aspect of the Universal tour was that they took you onto a soundstage and let you walk through a standing set.  At that time, it was the house from the NBC series “Parenthood”.  Not sure what it would be now, but the Chandler Hotel interior was a standing set during Sliders filming and would have likely been used in the tour had the walking tour been available back then.  It was still a nice perspective on what a standing set would be like on their sound stages.

I also took the walking tour of the Warner Brothers backlot while I was in Hollywood. It wasn’t quite as good as the Universal tour (even though I did get to see the set of The Big Bang Theory), but I still got to see the area where they filmed Sliders season three’s “State of the Art”.  And of course the old Daily Planet facade used in the Dean Cain Superman series.  Overall, the Warner tour was more focused on their complete history in film (from the James Cagney gangster movies to the areas used on the Waltons all the way to areas used in Dukes of Hazard and Gilmore Girls).

I wanted to take the Paramount back lot tour as well (which was the home of Star Trek), but time didn’t allow.