Topic: Map of the Mind Dub?

I'm watching Map of the Mind, why the heck did they dubbed the young black actress with a voice that sounds like a white woman imitating black, it's horrendous????  It's in the scene when Remmy and Maggie break into the art gallery.

Re: Map of the Mind Dub?

My guess — guess — is that there was some problem with the microphone they were using to record her dialogue, maybe a short or a blown connection in the boom mic, and they either didn’t notice or didn’t care and left it to the sound editors to resolve. It seems quite common in the latter half of the series: Maggie attacking a bar patron in “Breeder” had no sound effects, Robert Floyd was inexplicably not tasked with recording Quinn’s “Go, go!” in “Unstuck Man.”

Another thing about the Sci-Fi years that irks me: any time we see a closeup of an object like Wade’s necklace in “Genesis,” it’s in a frame-skipping, choppy shot as though they failed to leave the camera running for the full duration needed and had to slow it down to have it onscreen for longer.

Reminds me of the anecdote from Robert Lee in “Summer of Love”; he was one of the FBI agents interrogating Bennish at the start of the episode.  They ended up dubbing his voice in post production because he didn’t sound Asian enough for them.

TemporalFlux wrote:

Reminds me of the anecdote from Robert Lee in “Summer of Love”; he was one of the FBI agents interrogating Bennish at the start of the episode.  They ended up dubbing his voice in post production because he didn’t sound Asian enough for them.

Hmm, that's funny because he "starred" in the X-Files PC game and spoke quite a bit, but I never picked up on a different voice from his Sliders appearance.