1 (edited by RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan 2023-06-28 08:20:10)

Topic: New Interview with Tracy and Cleavant

This is absolutely delightful and will lift your heart.

Segment starts at around 1hr 30m
https://awakenation.tv/dark-projects/th … 5-24-2023/

Respectfully ask that we don't go down the rabbit hole of the politics associated with the platform.

Just enjoy the interview!   

It is so nice to see these two together.

2 (edited by QuinnSlidr 2023-06-26 21:43:20)

Re: New Interview with Tracy and Cleavant

That is a good interview. Ignoring the rest of the video and site, of course...

Really good to see this. Thank you for sharing!!

I thought it was important to share this interview as I don't think we have ever seen tracy and cleavant together.  After 28 years, this is historic.  Cleavant's energy as a person comes through.  No wonder he was always the heartbeat of the series.  Tracy's story about john and the stunts was hilarious.  Tracy told it was well.

You can see why the formula of Tracy, Weiss, and our four main characters worked.  If tracy had been able to do more black comedy, the series would have even proven to be *more* ahead of its time than it already was.

Series like Black Mirror would later do some of this. 

Say what you want about tracy but he is always interesting and its reflected in his work.

He'd never be a studio boss but I think if he was allowed to do more of his vision, he would find plenty of an audience for it.

Cleavant -- the man is magical.  It is too bad to hear about his brother.  It sounds like a rough thing for them to have to go through.  I am not sure how many brothers he has but I assumed it was his twin.

RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan wrote:

I thought it was important to share this interview as I don't think we have ever seen tracy and cleavant together.  After 28 years, this is historic.  Cleavant's energy as a person comes through.  No wonder he was always the heartbeat of the series.  Tracy's story about john and the stunts was hilarious.  Tracy told it was well.

You can see why the formula of Tracy, Weiss, and our four main characters worked.  If tracy had been able to do more black comedy, the series would have even proven to be *more* ahead of its time than it already was.

Series like Black Mirror would later do some of this. 

Say what you want about tracy but he is always interesting and its reflected in his work.

He'd never be a studio boss but I think if he was allowed to do more of his vision, he would find plenty of an audience for it.

Cleavant -- the man is magical.  It is too bad to hear about his brother.  It sounds like a rough thing for them to have to go through.  I am not sure how many brothers he has but I assumed it was his twin.

I've always said that there could be no Sliders without Tracy...at least not Sliders the way it was meant to be. Tracy just has that magic touch with a script that comes along once a generation.

Of course, Cleavant's talent is amazing and magical as well.

Sliders as it was originally done with Tracy and the original cast is what deserves to be rebooted in this time.

Wow, such an obscure "show" to find them both on.  Well I guess not so much with Tracy, he's always done these oddball stuff.  Sorry to hear about the ill health of Clinton Derricks.  Outside of that, Cleavant was hilarious and so endearing, the man is so full of love.  Unfortunately another interview where they failed to get any answers out of Torme, ha ha.  Apparently Torme appears on there weekly, although I don't think I can listen to the nonsense to glean whether there's any "news."

6 (edited by RussianCabbie_Lotteryfan 2023-06-30 05:08:58)

Grizzlor wrote:

Unfortunately another interview where they failed to get any answers out of Torme, ha ha.  Apparently Torme appears on there weekly, although I don't think I can listen to the nonsense to glean whether there's any "news."

I've heard him in his other appearances.... if you are referring to news on a revival, there haven't been any movements (everything has already been shared in past tracy interviews on other shows). 

I  think Cleavant probably recognizes the reality of the situation from how he handled the question.  Tracy is realistic but surprisingly, I don't think he feels like the door is completely shut (even with the lack of further network discussions).  I guess that's the positive attitude we'd want.

Tracy has mentioned a bunch of projects he has been considering developing though (outside of sliders).  Travis Walton wants them to re-do Fire in the Sky and tracy has considered it.  Tracy has considered other ufo-related projects.  He mentioned also some time travel project that came to him (sounded like some offer).  I don't get the sense he is actively writing now but seems to be mulling going back to doing more writing now that his health is a bit better (i suppose he has more energy on a day to day basis).

He also was involved in something I believe called Project Titan, which was a movement to get the United Nations to get involved in the ufo issue.  Here is a summary of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=md89jyOXG-Y

He appears on some other show called Dark Matters, but again, mostly UFO related.

https://www.jiosaavn.com/shows/dark-mat … lwQlKL6xE_

Grizzlor wrote:

He appears on some other show called Dark Matters, but again, mostly UFO related.

https://www.jiosaavn.com/shows/dark-mat … lwQlKL6xE_

That's an older show that stopped and I think the links to the shows expired.  He was a guest on their several times and is buddies with the host Don Ecker.  Don now does a YouTube ufo show tracy was a guest on at least a couple of timds.  Of course his internet problems basically caused issues to the point where his appearances declined.  But I an pretty sure across all of the shows on both platforms his sliders remarks (including revival discussions) have been discussed on here.  On the dark matters show he did talk quite a bit about his work and the fallout with his collaborator on the ufo doc The Phenomenon which turned out to be a hit for documentary standard (and is also streaming on demand for free for Travel Channel subscribers and is also free at the moment on YouTube or tubi (can't remember which).