1 (edited by Transmodiar 2015-06-23 14:40:59)

Topic: Who owns the BBoard Hall of Fame?

Over the past few years I've tried to contact the email addresses associated with the Hall of Fame and haven't heard back. So I'll pose the question here because I'm legitimately curious for personal reasons.

So, more than fifteen years ago I started running at the mouth on a BBoard that's been replaced or abandoned more than a handful of times. Yet old posts of me behaving like a loon (or a 21 year old, which is basically the same) are still online, available for anyone to read.

I'm not particularly interested in keeping an archive of my rants online and am hoping the owner is here and can read this and will finally let my posts die. Is this possible? Can this BBoard make my dreams come true at last? cool

Thanks,
Matt

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Re: Who owns the BBoard Hall of Fame?

It does remind me of the Sliders premise and brings up something people don't recognize enough in our society.  The series focused on how broad points in American and world history changed, but do we even know what the real history was to begin with?  It all tends to get white washed and re-written for each new generation.

I don't regret anything I've said in the past; I don't regret anything I've done.  Certainly I have taken experience from it and learned, but it's all a part of who I am and who I always will be.  I'm not ashamed.

I find it a fun read never judge anyone by it.  Hurts more that none of my wisdom survived from back in the day.

I'm glad people still get a chuckle out of the old posts from time to time (or that they stand by their comments), but I don't - and I never really gave permission to have my stuff hosted there.

As thrilling as it is to see a post I wrote to Buffyboy so old it has a driver's license is still online, I'm not interested in revisiting the past to that extent. Blinker took my old BBoard stories off his website back in the day, and I'm hoping the owner of the BBoard HOF is here and can honor a similar request.

That's pretty messed up actually. If you wrote those posts knowing there was an edit or delete button, then you have a reasonable belief that you can erase your posts if you later decide to.

If the message board goes down and the data remains in a state you can't edit, and whoever runs it won't remove it, you have a problem. If you can't get anywhere the nice way, you may have to see who owns the domain and send them a cease and desist.

I know who used to maintain it and have emailed the address I have for them several times in the past couple years. Never heard back, hence this public request. smile

7 (edited by Grizzlor 2015-06-30 20:03:00)

Unfortunately the people you seek have basically fallen off the face of the earth.  Let's not forget how difficult it was for TF and someone else to procure the administrative rights/password for the sliders.tv domain a few years ago.  Honestly there's only about 10% of the HOF that really ought to be preserved.  The rest is so dated, and so many of the people involved have left the Sliders scene ages ago.

choanata wrote:

That's pretty messed up actually. If you wrote those posts knowing there was an edit or delete button, then you have a reasonable belief that you can erase your posts if you later decide to.

The original BBoard had neither a delete nor an edit function. Regardless, I've agreed to de-link the posts.

The original BBoard is gone. So are its replacements. So are some of the versions of this BBoard. All that stuff was lost. The only difference is I made the choice to post to those. I should have the option to opt out of keeping dead posts alive.

Thanks for removing them - I appreciate it.