Topic: Star Trek: TNG: Enterprise D Virtual Tour

Saw this and was blown away. Had to share it with you guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l28KDuRr … ata_player

I wonder if there are any Sliders Mods out there? Nothing this ambitious as such but maybe some of the Timers from the Show or some Character Skins that allow us to see our favourite Sliders in a Game as Playable or as NPC's?

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

Re: Star Trek: TNG: Enterprise D Virtual Tour

That... is really cool. 8D

Author, artist, sci-fi nerd, rebel against the world, and self-proclaimed eccentric.

That was pretty cool.

I've always thought about a Sliders video game.  It'd actually be relatively easy to do, I'd think (I'm not a programmer).  But you'd just need to create one area of town/city and then alter it for however many levels/worlds you want.  Maybe one is old west, one is Nazi, one is Confederate, etc.

I imagine the plot would be some sort of "Chasing a Rickman-like character" and/or Kromaggs.

I think a point and click Sliders game back in the 90's would have been good.
Something like the Broken Sword Series or the Discworld Games.
Kind of a Detective style thing. Find Clues, talk to People etc to solve a Crisis on a Given World or find your fellow Sliders if split up?

I think a Detective type approach could work in a Modded Game or Sandbox type Game now too but not point and click.... Although I have heard of some open source software which people are using to make Custom/Home Brew Visual Novel and Point and Click Games as Indie Projects.

A Modern Point and Click I saw recently was Archangel: Martian Orbit.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4UYrF5y … ata_player

I agree with your idea of a changing Town/City Slider_Quinn21, that sounds pretty good. I saw a GTA: San Andreas Mod once where the Modder raised the Sea Level in the Game Engine and Flooded everything. Seeing San Fierro like that reminded me of the Early Season Sliders Ep with Flooded San Francisco and that Shop with a Mural of a Drowning Moon. big_smile
A very easy Mod Tweak but it completely changed the City's feel and look so yeah minor tweaks for big impact are possible and bigger changes like Clothing Style or a Nudist World lol are easyish too! Architectural changes may be more fiddly but designing buildings as frames with changable skins like for an NPC might be doable to hot swap Architectural Styles? Changing City Layouts and Grids maybe too?

A game which did explore changes of a Town even if only in a minor way was Shadow of Memories/Shadow of Destiny due to seeing different Eras of the same Town but the Architecture was mostly Static with only Minor Changes.... Effective though anyway.

Not so keen on the Kromagg Arc taking over though.
Invasion type maybe or a random event/threat maybe?

This discussion has made me a little more optimistic that some kind of Mod or Indie Game may be possible! smile

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

A Sliders video game would be awesome, no matter what form it would take.

About the closest I have to it is a FeralHeart mod I'm half-doing, in which I changed the portals' texture to the wormhole from the show and designed and named some characters after some of the sliders. But that's as good as it gets for me, is that customization of already-existing games. I'm going to try to Sliderize the menus next, and maybe change the text font used to the Interdimensional font. big_smile

Author, artist, sci-fi nerd, rebel against the world, and self-proclaimed eccentric.