Topic: Stealing Your Double's Life

Sometimes when you get down in spiral of self-pitty and despair, it gets you thinking on a few things. First was that, I realised had I been in Rembrandt's spot in Summer of Love, I probably would have decided on staying there as well. But then I thought about how his whole situation in that episode is the classic 'the grass isn't always greener on the other side.'

So he goes there and finds out he has a family with the woman he never got the courage to ask out in high school. It turns out though that his wife is a bitch and is making him do all the house chores. His son isn't very nice either. He mentions talking about starting his career there as well because he liked the '60's music. While this part is never picked up on, it's possible the Rembrandt Brown of Hippie World had as much trouble in the industry as our Rembrandt and so he decided to pursue a career in the army instead. His family isn't too nice either by the way they talk about him at the funeral lol.

So in the end. I propose a question. If you had been swept up and lost in hte multiverse trying to find your way home, but when you find a world where your double is living the seemingly perfect life that you wished you had, would you decide to stay or continue on your journey? For me, I'd probably go back and forth on this question lol.

Re: Stealing Your Double's Life

... where is the double in this scenario? Are you murdering your alternate to steal their life?

Let's pretend that for whatever reason, your double is out of the picture. weather that means they are dead, presumed dead or have moved on elsewhere.

I think I would feel too guilty, or at least, have pride in whatever my double accomplished as not to screw it up.  Then again, if he's married to say, Kate Beckinsale.....

5 (edited by ireactions 2021-06-21 14:05:04)

Something that has always troubled me about "Summer of Love" -- Rembrandt having sex with his double's wife is rape. She thought he was someone that he was not. His wife was consenting to have sex with her own Rembrandt, not this one. That said, "Summer of Love" (barely) dodges this by having the wife be so aggressive towards Rembrandt.

Rembrandt having sex with his double's wife is rape. She thought he was someone that he was not. His wife was consenting to have sex with her own Rembrandt, not this one.

That's an interesting thought. I never thought of it that way. Not as worse as the esentailly rape that happens in Revenge of the Nerds but still pretty eerie. I wonder how many times this happens throughout the series. A person pretends to be their double and has sex with someone. Got to be more than this once.

I believe it happens once, but Annie Fish (Think of Roulette) thinks that Wade had sex with Wilkins in the Pilot (as he was Commander Wade Welles' lover). But I asked Wade and Wade said she just made out with Wilkins.

(What? What are you talking about?) Someone was roleplaying as Wade here awhile ago and I asked Wade about her boyfriends and lovelife and what she'd like to be doing in 2015.