1 (edited by Slide Override 2022-05-06 05:45:11)

Topic: (Possible Sliders Homage) Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Caution, EXTREMELY minor spoilers for the film. Very small, but you have been warned!

TemporalFlux has posted several homages over the years, including several that Disney / Marvel have done (the most recent being in What If), so I think it's no coincidence that another Sliders homage has popped up.

I won't go into any specifics, but during the film, Strange and his companion arrive in another universe, and the very first thing highlighted is the 'red means go / green means stop' concept from the Sliders pilot. He even goes as far as repeating the mantra as he traverses the streets, exactly like Quinn when driving.

I instantly did a double take as it just jumped out at me. I just thought that was very interesting.

Re: (Possible Sliders Homage) Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

the red / greenlight thing was used in at least one other multiverse project

it would be awesome if the doctor strange thing was a direct homeage.  sliders has had effect on culture by influencing rick & morty (alongside back to the future).

Re: (Possible Sliders Homage) Dr Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/origina … 36584.html

Well, I think it's highly likely that the screenwriter(s) had Sliders in mind with the traffic light scene.  In addition, they revealed an alternate ending would have had the "prime" Stephen Strange trapped in the alternate universe, following a fight with a double, a la PTSS and Professor Arturo.