Topic: The Rewatch Podcast is gearing up to take on heroes... Heroes, that is

Hey all,

We are getting setup to start our rewatch of Heroes, including the comics that were released alongside the show, AND the webisodes... IF we can find them.

It seems only three of the webisodes of the original show were put out on the box sets (season 3) and one is complete on youtube. The other three are nowhere to be found on officially released media, and on youtube and other video sites, we can find parts of the other three webisodes, but not all of the parts.

We are looking for Destiny, Slow Burn and then Damen Peak. SB has 10 parts, Destiny has 4, while Damen has 3.

If you have any clue where to find these, let us know!

Thanks,
Tom

Re: The Rewatch Podcast is gearing up to take on heroes... Heroes, that is

The video quality on these is less than ideal:

You’re the man, man! Thanks for those! Yeah we’re finding most of the webisodes we find are very low quality.

Still surprised they didn’t put all of these on the box sets. Such a weird decision. It’s like they chose every other webisode and skipped the others.

I have a few theories.

My first theory is that some of these tie-in web serieses had the cast/crew paid according to contracts that were just to see the web shows streamed on the HEROES website, but the legal department may have chosen not to include language for these webcast productions to be included on home media. Maybe in some cases, the studio sought to save a little money by not coming to terms on residuals for home video release with the expectation that the web shows would just stay online for as long as they were profitable.

My second theory is that the marketing sponsorships that funded these web shows saw home video rights retained by the sponsor and considered part of the marketing campaign for whatever product they were using some of these webisodes to sell with pre-and-post show ads.

My third theory is that somebody accidentally ran over one of the web-series storing hard drives with a golf cart.

5 (edited by tom2point0 2023-06-10 16:45:42)

I just mentioned your theories in Episode Zero of the new podcast!

Here's a question for you, since your Google Fu is greater than mine...

Do you, or anyone else, know of any place to find transcripts/scripts for all the seasons of Heroes? I found full character name scripts for season 1 and 2 and just two episodes of Season 3, but that's all.

I remember there was something that ent into place a while back where alls scripts were taken down for some reason. Now all I find are transcripts where it's ONLY the dialogue and no character names mentioned. Using the transcripts for the first two episodes, I just finished my synopsis for two episodes in less time than it took me to do ONE synopsis for Dawson's and the new Quantum Leap season! I need to find more of these scripts! It is SOOOO helpful!

I don't see any transcripts. My recommendation would be to use Bing Chat to AI generate a synopsis. I know you use a Mac, but if you download the Mac OS Microsoft Edge browser, you can access Bing Chat in the sidebar. Then you can ask Bing to give you a summary of the episode. "Can you give me a summary of the Heroes episode 'Distractions'?"

It's an imperfect solution, but it's a way to get moving towards a synopsis.

I may try that! I imagine I’ll have to do some editing to make the sentences extra long so that I run out of breath but he end of them like I normally do! Thanks!