Topic: Team rankings

If you had to rate the different sliding teams from the series, in what order would you rank them? There were 5 different teams throughout the series:

Team 1: seasons 1-2, beginning of 3- Quinn, Wade, Arturo, Rembrandt

Team 2: end of season 3- Quinn, Wade, Maggie, Rembrandt

Team 3: beginning of season 4- Quinn, Maggie, Rembrandt

Team 4: end of season 4- Quinn, Maggie, Rembrandt, Colin

Team 5: season 5- Rembrandt, Maggie, Mallory, Diana

Keep in mind this is ranking the teams themselves- them as a team
And their personalities during that time. Not a ranking of the stories being told or the sets the scenes take place in.

Re: Team rankings

My order would be:

1) team 1 (of course)
2) team 3
3) team 2
4) team 4
5) team 5

I choose 3 over 2 because of the Maggie/Wade friction. Plus Maggie wasn't like able at all during that period.
I'd almost choose team 5 over 4, but I'd still rather have Quinn there, even though it means Colin is there. Mallory is still my least favorite character throughout the series though.

Not enough discussion here. Rankings are dull.

I'd say the original quartet was best, obviously. But why? Quinn and Wade were terrific youthful counterparts to Rembrandt and Arturo as the older generation. You had daring youths contrasting with the more conservative characters.

Also, the characters were devised in a way that any pairing of the quartet would produce an interesting combination. Pair up Wade and Rembrandt: you have Wade's curiosity and wonder and Rembrandt's astonishment and life experience. Put Arturo and Rembrandt together and you have the academic and the artist. Pair up Quinn and Arturo and you have a son and father exploring the world through science. And so on.

With Maggie replacing Arturo -- it didn't work, but that was mostly because all the characters were being very badly written. But looking at what it could have been -- Maggie could have been a terrific addition.

The key, I think, would have been to write Maggie as being about Rembrandt's age -- a woman in her mid to late forties and with all the cynicism, practicality and life experience of a master spy. I think a more realistically written Maggie would have regarded Quinn as a youth in need of a mother / older sister, to see Rembrandt as a loving but ineffective father, and to see Wade as her protege in adventuring.

The Season 4 team was an odd misfire with Cleavant's character having lost all comedy and Jerry and Charlie no longer acting.

Season 5 had a lot of potential. In many episodes, Rob, Kari, Cleavant and Tembi seem to have amazing chemistry. I don't quite know how the characters could have worked out, as they were scripted as bland non-entities for the most part. But there was definitely a lot of raw material and great talent there.

I do agree cast changes are always tough especially for a show 3 half seasons in, with every season was a change.

cast 1 was the best, they mixed well and seemed like real people.

season 5 cast works as well, it shouldn't but the new  cast brings energy to a show that had become stale towards the end of season 4.

Maggie joining the team should of been a military person in her mid 30s that respected Rembrandt for his former military experience, she should of been conservative and appreciated Quinn, but wouldn't see him as an equal being a ten year age difference, Rembrandt leading the team with Quinn as the science expert that Rembrandt relied on would make more sense.

but the show is what it is .

Season 4 team of Quinn Maggie and Rembrandt did work, I like Collin, while Charlie may have been lacking in acting skill he made up for in charisma, again the writing wasn't great and he didn't have a lot to do.

How old do you think Maggie is supposed to be? I imagine Quinn as 25ish, but Maggie I always thought of as as early 30s or maybe even older. Rembrandt probably early to mid 40s and Arturo late 40s to mid 50s. Wade as early-mid 20s. Diana as early to mid 30s, same as Maggie. And is Colin supposed to be older or younger than Quinn? (Either way for Colin, he's around the same age as Quinn.)

In 1997, Quinn was 23 - 24 (as he was born in 1973). Kari Wuhrer, born in 1967, would have been 30 - 31. Within the context of the show, Jerry and Maggie were being treated like they were pretty much the same age. Which is ridiculous.

Quinn was a grad student (having skipped several grades) while Maggie had been a spy, a fighter pilot and had an extensive career in espionage. So, I would have put Maggie in her late thirties or early forties and let Kari play an older character. I think she should have seen herself as the practical, experienced woman of action who considers Quinn to be a reckless child in need of care. And I like to think of Wade learning from Maggie and maybe crushing on her. (Would Sabrina Lloyd have been able to play that?)

Rembrandt, I think, would find Maggie somewhat disturbing and terrifying in her ruthlessness while Maggie would consider Rembrandt to be her favourite because he's very pleasant and goodhearted.

Yeah it was just odd that the show up until she came on board had Jerry playing a 21 to 23 year old guy.

Where as Maggie was written with a husband and a career meaning she had been through college, military training the academy, flight school, flown enough to then get grounded making her someone with at least 10 years on Quinn then 2 episodes in she's treating Quinn as an equal.

Fighter pilots are cocky and her military expertise would have made her take command in their weird situations....again the show decided to make her an awful tracker and that she somehow slept her way to the top with Rickman