Topic: Live! With Kelly and Jerry

Unless you've been shunning the internet for the past week (or maybe if you live in a different country), Michael Strahan announced that he was going to be leaving Live! with Kelly and Michael in September to join Good Morning America full time. Big behind the scenes drama ensued because Disney (and by their orders, Michael) pulled the run out from under Kelly and the entire crew of Live, by not informing them of this decision until it was announced to the press.

Since then, Michael's last day has been pushed up to May 13. This move surprised pretty much nobody.

Now, the search for Kelly's new cohost is once again firing up (poor woman. I hope she wasn't planning to leave the show in the near future). One of the names that has been making the rounds for this rather huge opportunity is Jerry's. I've seen him mentioned by a lot of people in the comments section of articles, as well as hosts of other shows that have discussed the topic.

If this process works anything like the last time, Kelly will rotate co-hosts for all of next season and finally choose one to begin the following year. Jerry may pop up as a cohost several times, if he is really in the running. We won't know for some time.

In other news, who leaves a successful, established show with their name in the title, to join a fading morning news show with way more personalities to contend with and worse hours?

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Re: Live! With Kelly and Jerry

Informant wrote:

Unless you've been shunning the internet for the past week (or maybe if you live in a different country), Michael Strahan announced that he was going to be leaving Live! with Kelly and Michael in September to join Good Morning America full time. Big behind the scenes drama ensued because Disney (and by their orders, Michael) pulled the run out from under Kelly and the entire crew of Live, by not informing them of this decision until it was announced to the press.

Since then, Michael's last day has been pushed up to May 13. This move surprised pretty much nobody.

Now, the search for Kelly's new cohost is once again firing up (poor woman. I hope she wasn't planning to leave the show in the near future). One of the names that has been making the rounds for this rather huge opportunity is Jerry's. I've seen him mentioned by a lot of people in the comments section of articles, as well as hosts of other shows that have discussed the topic.

If this process works anything like the last time, Kelly will rotate co-hosts for all of next season and finally choose one to begin the following year. Jerry may pop up as a cohost several times, if he is really in the running. We won't know for some time.

In other news, who leaves a successful, established show with their name in the title, to join a fading morning news show with way more personalities to contend with and worse hours?

Yea, Jerry killed on Wendy Williams and she's been raving about him, and his championing him for the gig. She as well as EW asked Jerry's wife Rebecca in interviews about it, and she's supportive, so I think it's something he wants.

Apparently Jerry co-hosted as a fill in for the show in the past, around 2011, so it might be part of the reason he's gotten some buzz.

I found some videos with him co-hosting as far back as 2008, when Regis was out.

https://youtu.be/IzFJuVLO8zE

https://youtu.be/kQox35wpcFY

https://youtu.be/OGlYhW1uLj8

I don't know if he'd be my choice, but people seem to like him a lot.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

At any rate, if Jerry does get the job there's no doubt it will be a plus for Sliders in some capacity.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

Jim_Hall wrote:

At any rate, if Jerry does get the job there's no doubt it will be a plus for Sliders in some capacity.

Absolutely.  Especially if they allowed him to talk about a kickstarter, if one ever started.

Jerry co-hosted in 2012, I went to the show, ha ha!  Also hearing Anderson Cooper's name.

Jim_Hall wrote:

I agree. Would give him a bit more cache. It can only go up from what it is now.