1 (edited by Grizzlor 2015-07-26 12:16:16)

Topic: Non-Sliders Appearances of the Interdimensional Font

Gansevoort hotel, Meatpacking district, Manhattan.

http://i1286.photobucket.com/albums/a612/grizz814/Misc/Gansevoort_zpsh8i6ziq4.jpg

I've passed this hotel before, never noticed it!

Re: Non-Sliders Appearances of the Interdimensional Font

It's a sign! The sliders must meet there 29.7 years after their last slide!!!

smile

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

There's store called "The Shop" that I saw at the Sawgrass Mall in Florida which uses the font. I have no idea how to post a picture of it here though.

I use Photobucket, it's free.

So what's the history of this font? Did it exist before Sliders?

I don't know it's origins but it's stretched, big friendly lettering are appealing even when not on Sliders OP Credits.

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

The picture of "The Shop" I mentioned above is posted on the Slideheads Facebook page if you want to see it.

omnimercurial wrote:

I don't know it's origins but it's stretched, big friendly lettering are appealing even when not on Sliders OP Credits.

"Talented Dutch graphic designer Anthony De Meester created this light, elegant sans serif typeface. Although simplicity is the hallmark of this design, it can be used most effectively where a look of regal elegance is desired.

Designers: Anthony de Meester
Design date: 1989
Publisher: Letraset
MyFonts debut: Mar 17, 2003"

https://www.myfonts.com/fonts/letraset/vienna-extended/

I was watching season 2, episode 19 of "Young and Hungry" on Netflix earlier today, and Sophia was wearing a t-shirt with the words "Soul Spin" in the Sliders font on the front of the shirt.

I'm pretty sure it's on the car, Kia SOUL. It's a bit more rounded-out but it looks practically just like it.

Author, artist, sci-fi nerd, rebel against the world, and self-proclaimed eccentric.

Cyrokin wrote:

I'm pretty sure it's on the car, Kia SOUL. It's a bit more rounded-out but it looks practically just like it.

This is the Kia Soul font:

http://www.brandsoftheworld.com/sites/default/files/styles/logo-thumbnail/public/0021/6153/brand.gif

'Tis very similar indeed!

Author, artist, sci-fi nerd, rebel against the world, and self-proclaimed eccentric.