Topic: The one Sliders thing I want most in the world...

(...that probably doesn't exist...)

The full recording of Sabrina Lloyd's performance of Suckerpunch's "Falling Behind", from Stoker.

I'm pretty sure there isn't a full performance and she only sang that one part, but it was amazing. Everything I like about 90s female singer-songwriters (you know, the Alanis Morrissette/Sarah McLachlan/Sheryl Crow type) rolled into one. Plus, it's Wade! I tried looking up the original song hoping it was similar, but eh, pop-punk doesn't do much for me. I like the slow ballad she turned it into.

Anyone know why Lloyd never ended up pursuing a singing career? I guess the realistic answer is "not enough time on her hands", but I seriously think the world missed out. Yes, I'm probably biased because I love Wade as a character, but I objectively think she has an amazing voice. I'd've bought any of her albums in a heartbeat.

(I need to check out Cleavant Derricks' stuff sometime too. Apparently he's much better when actually performing than he is on Sliders, and he wasn't bad on there, even if they gave him silly lyrics to sing. I still get "Tears In My 'Fro" stuck in my head, regardless.)

Re: The one Sliders thing I want most in the world...

Yeah, I had the MP3 of Sabrina's version of this song for years. It's so lovely that I wish I could hear the rest of it. Unfortunately, as you say, probably just the part that we hear is all that was ever recorded.

There was a Quantum Leap soundtrack that had full versions of some of the songs that Scott Bakula sang on the show; unfortunately, they tended to be rather cheesily overproduced instead of made to sound how they did on the series. Still, I kind of wish there had been an official Sliders soundtrack that included this, "Tears in My Fro," etc.

Maybe somebody could approach Cleavant, Sabrina and Tracy Torme about a Special Sliders OST?

Extended/Full versions of Tracks we heard on Sliders.

He must be dreaming.
Tears in my fro.
Angel.
Falling Behind (Sliders Ver)

Maybe even make songs to go with the ones mentioned but not heard from Double Cross?

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-

I would love a full "Tight Pants" from Kari Wuhrer, as well.

I wish Quinn would bring me a cure for the common cold and a double of Dan Harmon who would write my scripts for me.

*sneezes*

omnimercurial wrote:

Maybe somebody could approach Cleavant, Sabrina and Tracy Torme about a Special Sliders OST?

Extended/Full versions of Tracks we heard on Sliders.

He must be dreaming.
Tears in my fro.
Angel.
Falling Behind (Sliders Ver)

Maybe even make songs to go with the ones mentioned but not heard from Double Cross?

Oh man. A pipe dream, sure, but I'd love it. We know the two of them care about each other and the fans, enough that we could potentially get them back for one last fling.

Now I just need to become a multi-millionaire so I have the incentive to throw at them...