Topic: For Love of Spock on Netflix

Did anyone catch the documentary on Netflix, "For Love of Spock"
It is done by Adam Nimoy, Leonard's son is taking a look back at the iconic character that his father portrayed so lovingly and how this iconic character left such an impression on ST as well as culture.

You may recall that Adam had worked as an entertainment Attorney and feeling unfulfilled he became a director. He is the helmsman behind the most famous episode of Sliders,   PTSS

I was surprised to learn the Leonard Nimoy did not just direct two of our most beloved Trek films he is also responsible for the comedy "Three men and a Baby"

Re: For Love of Spock on Netflix

I saw it during a screening as part of the "Star Trek Mission New York" convention last September.  Loved it, but Leonard Nimoy is one of my idols.  Adam was on hand, and did a panel or two.  I stopped him for a photo ironically while I was waiting in line for his girlfriend, Terry Farrell!  I then mentioned to her that he'd directed some great Sliders episodes, and she was like, "wow, I didn't know that."

https://c1.staticflickr.com/9/8359/29406952581_055040721d.jpg

Anyhow, I think Nimoy decided during the 1980s that he was never going to get work outside Spock, so he might as well direct.  He was a great man, and had a passion for Star Trek unlike any other actor.  He was arguably the 2nd most influential figure in Trek production history, after Gene Roddenberry, in terms of where the TOS went.  Brought many ideas from his life and background.

I caught this while waiting in an airport a few days ago. Well worth your time if you're a fan of the original series or Nimoy in general.

Sounds interesting. I'll have to check it out.

On another note: I thought Terry Farrell was married and living far away from the Hollywood scene these days.

Please be informed that the political, scientific, sociological, economic and legal views expressed in Informant's posts and social media accounts do not reflect any consensus of Sliders.tv.

Informant wrote:

On another note: I thought Terry Farrell was married and living far away from the Hollywood scene these days.

First part no, second part yes.  She lives in Hershey, PA, I believe, but must be long separated or divorced because her dalliance with Nimoy was not a secret.