Topic: Alt History Unfolding - The Rise of Ze

One can only imagine an Abbott and Costello style routine between a frustrated Arturo and somebody who grew up saying "Ze".

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/to-av … le/2571001

In the boldest endorsement of a growing national trend, the University of Tennessee is urging incoming students and teachers to junk references to "he," "she," and "them," in favor of gender-neutral "ze" and "xe."

"These may sound a little funny at first, but only because they are new. The she and he pronouns would sound strange too if we had been taught ze when growing up," wrote Braquet.

The shift to gender-neutral words began a few years ago and took root on some northern college campuses, but it has sped up in the wake of Olympian Bruce Jenner's shift to the transgendered Caitlyn Jenner and the media explosion that followed.

Re: Alt History Unfolding - The Rise of Ze

Its beyond insane. Our world is looking more and more like an alternate world. Makes me think about the ending of "Into the Mystic" about the Sliders saying how things couldn't have changed *that* much. I don't think people would recognize our world from even a decade or so ago.

slidecage.com
Twitter @slidersfanblog
Instagram slidersfanblog

I've worked in higher education for the past decade and this is old news in those circles. Ramped up in the past 2-3, certainly, but the gender neutral terms are positively quaint in comparison to all the gender dynamics stuff. "Cisgendered" popped up overnight.

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

4 (edited by omnimercurial 2015-09-11 01:57:07)

Texting alone would have been a shock to our original Sliders if they had come back to People staring at Phones and Texting to People standing next to eachother rather than turn and talk.

"It's only a matter of time. Were I in your shoes, I would spend my last earthly hours enjoying the world. Of course, if you wish, you can spend them fighting for a lost cause.... But you know that you've lost." -Kane-