1 (edited by vimcrony 2015-09-08 21:54:10)

Topic: Have you seen Project Almanac? VERY SIMILAR TO SLIDERS!

Pretty interesting how there's a character named Quinn and the whole aesthetic of the film is VERY much Sliders (basement scenes).  And even the whole aspect of them filming their experiments reminds me of the Sliders pilot episode.

There's even a little collection of dinosaurs on one of the tables (Alternate Quinn being into time travel and dinosaurs from Last Days episode).  Maybe just typical art direction "science kids basement".  Thoughts?

Re: Have you seen Project Almanac? VERY SIMILAR TO SLIDERS!

I saw it in the theater and enjoyed it.

Thanks for the viewing suggestion.....

Yeah, I hope more Sliders fans check it out.  Seems like we've gotten not 1, but 2 feature film Sliders homages recently.  Parallels and now Project Almanac!

You can add "I'll Follow You Down" to the list as well. Very good low budget time-travel movie featuring Haley Joel Osmont and Rufus Sewell. You can watch for free with Amazon Prime.

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Transmodiar wrote:

You can add "I'll Follow You Down" to the list as well. Very good low budget time-travel movie featuring Haley Joel Osmont and Rufus Sewell. You can watch for free with Amazon Prime.

And yet here is another one (which I have not seen yet)

http://www.hulu.com/watch/437460

Random Quest (2006)

Colin Trafford, a disenchanted research physicist, is knocked unconscious when an experiment with a particle accelerator goes wrong and, when he awakes, he finds himself in a parallel world.

Gaaah, these sound awesome!  Definitely checking out Random Quest.

So was this the Bay-Sliders a la Bay-formers or Bay-Turtles?  Ha ha ha.  I'll check it out when it comes to Netflix or cable.

"Random Quest" was, in brief, a Very British Show. Amazing they made an hour-long mini-movie that is completely devoid of forward momentum, energy, and humor/drama. I'd skip it.

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Someday I will find time to watch all of these Slidersy things, but I haven't even finished season 5 yet... then again I have no motivation because the show has such a different feel in that season. I'm not sure I want to finish that season, but then again I kinda do. *shrugs* So I'm filling my Sliders cravings with both reading and writing fanfiction.

I'll find time to watch these eventually, I suppose.

Author, artist, sci-fi nerd, rebel against the world, and self-proclaimed eccentric.