Topic: Time Lapse (movie)

Just watched Time lapse this evening on Netflix, its fairly recent, says from 2014. Very good movie, the type I think most Sliders fan will enjoy. Also, I didn't realize this until the credits, but John Rhys-Davies has a VERY small role in the movie. I definitely recommend for all of you here... Anyone else seen it yet? I just noticed it on Netflix for the first time yesterday.

Re: Time Lapse (movie)

Thanks, will check it out.

Thanks for suggesting this - really enjoyed it! And, even knowing JRD made an appearance, he is virtually unrecognizable in his brief cameo. Wonder how they got him to do it?

Earth Prime | The Definitive Source for Sliders™

Oh, wow!  Going to check this out also.  Totally forgot about it.  :-)

I had no idea John was in it when I watched it, just happened to be looking at the credits scroll when I saw his name I was like whaaaaaaaaaaat???

Watched this movie last night.  I thought it was interesting (and stars Danielle Panabaker from "Flash") and well done.  However, a bunch of things bugged me about it.  It was made last year (and seems to be present day) but the one guy was using a flip phone - was it supposed to take place in the past?  And why were they making money on televised dog races?  I also wasn't sure why any of those people were friends :-)  It's like they thought through a lot of the time travel stuff, but they didn't think through any of the non-time travel stuff.

I'm also not sure why Callie's character thought she could retroactively change the past when I don't think that's how any of the characters saw the time travel working the entire movie.

But it was entertaining.

I thought the same about the phones, I just figure the movie actually takes place about 5 years ago.... Was there anything in the movie that suggested it's 2014? I can't recall any offhand.

Nah, nothing in the movie indicated that it took place in any specific year.  It's just funny - phone technology has advanced so much in a few years that unless you have a Galaxy/iPhone, the movie just looks extremely dated.  I think the artist character had a nicer phone so maybe it was supposed to show how poor the gambler was supposed to be.  It just seemed really weird to see in a recent movie.