1 (edited by Grizzlor 2019-11-07 20:07:50)

Topic: Donations for Zoe McLellan's Legal Fight...

https://fundrazr.com/BelieveTheChild?re … q2vhBtgWQb

Many of you have messaged me asking why you haven't seen me lately, on TV or on social media, and here is why:  I have been taking care of my seriously traumatized little boy full time, while also fighting a custody battle to keep him safe. Last October, after years of emotional issues that I did not understand and that baffled doctors, my son began to reveal that his father had been sexually molesting him on a regular basis for as far back as he could remember.

Eventually, after many court hearings and months of professional trauma treatment, my little boy was strong enough to report his father's crimes to law enforcement. My son's abuser told my son that no one would ever believe him. 

We believe him.

Investigations are underway but they take time. The family court orders protecting my son are only temporary. My son's father is actively seeking to obtain custody even as he is being investigated for sex crimes against his own son. To win that fight costs a lot of money. I have spent every penny on my son's treatment and on legal fees and costs to protect my son from his abuser. There will be a trial soon and I do not have the funds for the experts we need to testify and all the many costs of this massive fight. Any donation helps. Even a small amount makes a difference.

Incestuous child sexual abuse is a private crime that is only witnessed by the victim and the perpetrator, so it takes a lot of resources, time and expertise to reveal it and then stop it. Even when children disclose the abuse to law enforcement, it is often too difficult to prosecute. It is up to me to present the evidence to the family court for permanent orders to protect my son.

Once permanent orders protecting my son are in place, and the costs are covered, I will dedicate the remaining funds of this campaign to establish the Believe The Child Campaign non-profit that will provide legal services and treatment for other children in this situation. This is why all the funds collected in this campaign are being received and managed by my attorney and will only be paid out for costs associated with protecting my son, and not for my personal benefit. I am so grateful that I have caring fans and the ability to ask for help. So many other mothers and abused children in our shoes have no one. Saving my son will be only the beginning. #BelieveTheChild #WeBelieveYou #1in6 #VictimsToSurvivors #HimToo  BelieveTheChildCampaign@gmail.com